BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

My baptism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:29 am

'Tis today.

I decided that when I turned 33, I was going to give every one of my problems to the Lord. Brave move to make, especially with some of the demons I've had to fight. Learning to forgive my dad, overcoming vices, stuff like that.

I took communion last week with the full intention of laying down all my addictions at the feet of Jesus. And that's when I decided I would take part in the baptism the following week. These last 7 days have been spent savoring the moment, and now that it's almost here, I'm almost getting goosebumps.

I may have been baptized already, at the age of 12, but I did not do it with a heart for Jesus. I wanted the attention and the glory. Today, I kind of look back at that and think of the scripture in 1 Corinthians 11(?) where it talks about taking communion in an unworthy manner. When I recieve my baptism today, I do so with the full knowledge, and in front of witnesses, that I am giving myself over to the Lord. (Some of you don't agree with a second baptism, and that fine. I only ask that you PLEASE don't debate it here.)

Also, like Scott Stapp cut his hair as a way a saying he was serious about changing, I cut my hair 2 weeks ago.

I didn't do this to toot my own horn, but to announce, happily, that I am His, and I'm allowing Him to change me, whether it be immediate, 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months, 10 years, or even longer.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
Matt

Number of posts : 7214
Registration date : 2008-11-02

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:47 am

I don't see any problem with the fact you fully (re)dedicate yourself to the Lord,
congrats John, be blessed on your way Smile
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2009-07-27

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:18 am

cheers Sad (tears of joy!!!) congrats on your decision,john! i like you celebrate two bdays one when i accepted the Lord the other when i rededicated my life to the Lord! prayers for you this am! its a great day for you and i am very happy for you,man!! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:27 am

All the best mate. It's a great step in the right direction!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Blessed to hear that, my friend.

May God's blessings continue to rain down on you.
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Good for you, brother!
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:50 am

awesome news!
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 am

Αναγεννημένος wrote:
'Tis today.

I decided that when I turned 33, I was going to give every one of my problems to the Lord. Brave move to make, especially with some of the demons I've had to fight. Learning to forgive my dad, overcoming vices, stuff like that.

I took communion last week with the full intention of laying down all my addictions at the feet of Jesus. And that's when I decided I would take part in the baptism the following week. These last 7 days have been spent savoring the moment, and now that it's almost here, I'm almost getting goosebumps.

I may have been baptized already, at the age of 12, but I did not do it with a heart for Jesus. I wanted the attention and the glory. Today, I kind of look back at that and think of the scripture in 1 Corinthians 11(?) where it talks about taking communion in an unworthy manner. When I recieve my baptism today, I do so with the full knowledge, and in front of witnesses, that I am giving myself over to the Lord. (Some of you don't agree with a second baptism, and that fine. I only ask that you PLEASE don't debate it here.)

Also, like Scott Stapp cut his hair as a way a saying he was serious about changing, I cut my hair 2 weeks ago.

I didn't do this to toot my own horn, but to announce, happily, that I am His, and I'm allowing Him to change me, whether it be immediate, 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months, 10 years, or even longer.

Dude, im way proud of you, Awesome job brother
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Sponsored content

My baptism Vide
PostSubject: Re: My baptism   My baptism Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My baptism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com