*reads Ash's uber-long post*
Uh,..........Derp?

Razz j/k
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 am

on the subject of my rant.. and of higher dimensions.. I present.. the Hyper cube.

This is a representation in 3 dimensions of what a 4 "spacial" dimension object is like. We say "spacial " dimensions because time is taken out of the equation here.. but where added .. it would be a fifth dimensional object. In other words.. it would live in but be also above and beyond Time. And in four dimensions you could walk through a wall quite easily .. because the fourth spacial dimension moves at 90 degree's from all of the three dimensions.

this is interesting , considering the verse in scripture about being able to walk through walls in heaven.

The different colors represent parts of the 4 dimensional cube we cannot perceive, since we percieve only in three dimensions.. mathmatics can formulate up to 11 dimensions in the universe .. so far.. and we of course, can only observe three with our eyes.

Another depiction of the 4 spacial dimension cube-

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Gorlim (OMW)

Number of posts : 1171
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:37 am

Hguols wrote:
Ash old buddy old pal, how is it that you can type something so WELL, intellectual and profound.... like this post you made here.

...and then a few days/threads/posts later you're grunting and dragging your digits over the keyboard. There's got to be a reason.

Its it that:

+ + + + drunkfall

=

"What point if that nation id Everyone's nation who can manage to get to it?" drunken

????

ROFL lol! ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thepoet777
wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:03 am

SSG Jake wrote:
This goes to a question I have had for a LONG time. How does that make sense? I mean ok, take a jew, or muslim, or whatever. You're telling me that they could live a perfect life, put others before themselves, love their neighbors as themselves, do unto others, be as devout to their faith as we are to ours, basiclly be a perfect CHristian(if they were) and when they get to Heaven, God is gonna say, "OK, I KNOW that lived the p[erfect life, and basicaly did everything I said you should do, BUT you didn't SPEFIFICALLY believe in the right version of me, so yeah, you're going to Hell. Sorry, ahve a nice day! NEXT!!"

That makes NO sense to me whatsoever. I think most religions are saying the same things about the same guy. You're Christiuan, you die and see Christ. You're Jewish, you dai and see Yaweh. You're Muslim, you die and see Allah. You're Shintoist, you die and see a rock and a squirrel or some sh*t, I don't know. One God, many faces

only christ saves, without him good people are lost and doomed, with him, once bad people are perfect in the site of the father, our actions will not save us. also to answer your argument ssg about other religions, many time in the new testament christ warns of this, matthew 15:9 says They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. there is only one way. i have more to elaborate on this but it is 3 am and i must go to bed so i will deal with this in the morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Gorlim, Tom is thinking of himself there, not me.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Gorlim, Tom is thinking of himself there, not me.

Trust me, you'd be one of the first to know, without a doubt, if I started drinking again. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Great, big tough guy. Now back to the subject of this thread please..
Back to top Go down
Exhumed

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Please, don't fight no more =(
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS FIGHTING!!!!11!!1!!ONE!! Sad
Back to top Go down
pdcsinger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:50 pm

[quote="wizardovmetal"]
SSG Jake wrote:
This goes to a question I have had for a LONG time. How does that make sense? I mean ok, take a jew, or muslim, or whatever. You're telling me that they could live a perfect life, put others before themselves, love their neighbors as themselves, do unto others, be as devout to their faith as we are to ours, basiclly be a perfect CHristian(if they were) and when they get to Heaven, God is gonna say, "OK, I KNOW that lived the p[erfect life, and basicaly did everything I said you should do, BUT you didn't SPEFIFICALLY believe in the right version of me, so yeah, you're going to Hell. Sorry, ahve a nice day! NEXT!!".

Ask yourself this question. How can a Holy God create man, give the man the option to do good or evil, then the man pass that evil nature to his descendents, and still have one of those men live a Holy life comparable to God? Can any man be perfect? The bible says no. For ALL sin and come short of living like God. The only way to get to God is not by living a certain way per se, doing good works, etc. The worst of the worst can do good works. God made it simple. He said that no man could ever be good enough, so He made a way that all men could get to Him. If we accept Him and what he did for us4, then he will accept us. Jesus is that Way. Jesus is not religion. Religion made Jesus mad. Religion is man's attempt to get man to God. Jesus is Gods way of bringing God to man. Big difference. No man can control your destiny but you God's way. You do not have to worry about if you are in or if you are out. All God asks is that you love Him with all your heart and demonstrate that with his greatest command, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Back to top Go down
Hguols

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Jesus was God's way of bringing God to man, but He's not here in body anymore.

....I don't understand how when Jesus said himself that He is God, that people insist that you can only get to God through Jesus, Who by the way, is God. THEY'RE THE SAME.

People here are quoting Jesus, in that the only way to get to God is through Jesus (John 14:6), and Jesus is God in human form (John 14:10), right?

If someone was trying to get to Jesus through God, and God being Jesus in spirit form, I'd laugh H-A-R-D at the string of fat "No! You can't do it that way!" replies.

"....cause the only way to God is through God in Human Form, Who is Jesus, Who isn't here anymore, but that's still the only way to get to Him."

Him Who?

"Him Jesus, Who is the only way to get to God, Who is Jesus, Who is God."

Gotcha!

Sooooooooo, if someone went to the Holy Spirit for the gift of salvation, God (the Father and Son) would say,
"WTF hes goin too the wrong Us LOL"???

I'm going to submit this to John Stossel's "Give Me a Break".
Back to top Go down
pdcsinger

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm

There is God in three persons. God is one "what" and three "whos".

Yes, Jesus is part of the Godhead, with the Holy Spirit, but they are distinctly different entities, with different purposes and effects.

God cannot be seen or looked upon by man. Rather than come intimidate us into obedience, God sent a diety in human form to demonstrate who God is and what we should strive to be.

Since we are born into sin upon birth, we are going to die. Sin is our human nature and death is the curse for it. The bible says that because one man sinned, we all sin, and because Jesus died, we do not have to. This is talking about spiritual death here. We will all die as part of the curse and payment for our sin. God wanted to reconcile us, so that we could be with him as he originally intended. Instead of forcing us into it, he gives us a choice. We can decided who we want to serve, God or ourselves/the Devil, etc. Where we spend eternity is a reflection of that choice.

They have different purposes. Jesus died for the sin of all, even though he did not have any sin himself. This satisfied our debt. We should not pray to Jesus or to the Holy Spirit. We pray to God, as Jesus instructed us to pray. We accept God's salvation, made possible by his Son. The relationship is completely different. The Holy Spirit is a comforter to and intercessor for the believer, and works in the souls of the lost. Jesus sits at God's right hand, prepares a place for us, and defends us to the Father and the Devil.

I hope that explains it a little better.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 pm

This has turned into one of the best threads of all time.

Many have come forward honestly sharing their unbelief and doubts. I admire that.
Others have been instrumental in explaining what the Holy Bible has to say.

Then there are Christian artists who best convey the greatest message through music. Here is just one example of concisely summing up who Jesus is:

Deliverance
J*I*G* (Jesus Is God) lyrics

J.I.G.
King Of Kings, Lord Of Lords, Emmanuel God Is With Us
First And Last, He Erases Past
He's Lord And King, He's Everything
High Priest Touched With The Feelings Of Our Infirmities
Advocate, One WIth God
The True And Only Son Of God
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
King Of Kings, I Am Is He
He's Coming Back To Rule This Land With Swift Sword In Hand
All The Gods, Of Gold And Stone
Will All Fall Before Him When They See His Eyes Of Fire
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
Jesus is God
Back to top Go down
Hguols

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:11 pm

pdcsinger wrote:
There is God in three persons. God is one "what" and three "whos".

Yes, Jesus is part of the Godhead, with the Holy Spirit, but they are distinctly different entities, with different purposes and effects.

God cannot be seen or looked upon by man. Rather than come intimidate us into obedience, God sent a diety in human form to demonstrate who God is and what we should strive to be.

Since we are born into sin upon birth, we are going to die. Sin is our human nature and death is the curse for it. The bible says that because one man sinned, we all sin, and because Jesus died, we do not have to. This is talking about spiritual death here. We will all die as part of the curse and payment for our sin. God wanted to reconcile us, so that we could be with him as he originally intended. Instead of forcing us into it, he gives us a choice. We can decided who we want to serve, God or ourselves/the Devil, etc. Where we spend eternity is a reflection of that choice.

They have different purposes. Jesus died for the sin of all, even though he did not have any sin himself. This satisfied our debt. We should not pray to Jesus or to the Holy Spirit. We pray to God, as Jesus instructed us to pray. We accept God's salvation, made possible by his Son. The relationship is completely different. The Holy Spirit is a comforter to and intercessor for the believer, and works in the souls of the lost. Jesus sits at God's right hand, prepares a place for us, and defends us to the Father and the Devil.

I hope that explains it a little better.

I do understand what you're saying. I'm not sure if I agree with it in the context of salvation.

In my opinion, I don't believe God would deny someone because they went to the wrong "Person" of Himself. I don't believe God denies anyone who seeks Him, period. That would defeat the purpose of this free gift of salvation.

The concept of salvation is from "this part" of God only, sounds like bad fine print job on a contract, or Christianity as another terminally unique "My way or the highway" religion.

I don't think anyone seeking God but not Jesus is 100% screwed. ....after all, they're the same.

I'm well aware of what John 14:6 says. I think its taking it out of context to apply it to the entire human race, for all time.

....for the record, Christ is my personal Lord and Savior. I don't think for one second that someone who has gone to only God (Yeah, "only" God) for Salvation would be denied that gift.

Last edited by Hguols on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 pm

The Trinity to me, is best explained by Love.

Scripture says - God is Love.

This is a more complex statement than we think.

What being could be love if that being was entirely alone? Does not love not need something or someone to love?

And there we have the Trinity.

The Father's love for the Son.. the Sons love for the Father and the Spirit of their Love.. a Person itself the Holy Spirit.

The Holy spirit comes upon us when we have the Son in us and we are worshiping the Father, that is why we can say the "Holy Spirit" of their Love.. a Love so huge that the Spirit of it is a person itself.

God is Love. Literally. A love between Son and Father for Eternity. We , as images of the Son, were created to ever expand the Love between the Father and the Son. That is why we exist.

God ia forever expanding.. becoming more.. cannot be contained.. this means the Son wil find new waves to love the Father.. and the Father will forever find new ways to Love the son. The history of this world and universe is just example of God expanding the Love between Father and Son.. and the Rebellion of the Angels also is jsut the ever expanding revelation of what Love is and what must be done for it.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
The Trinity to me, is best explained by Love.

Scripture says - God is Love.

This is a more complex statement than we think.

What being could be love if that being was entirely alone? Does not love not need something or someone to love?

And there we have the Trinity.

The Father's love for the Son.. the Sons love for the Father and the Spirit of their Love.. a Person itself the Holy Spirit.

The Holy spirit comes upon us when we have the Son in us and we are worshiping the Father, that is why we can say the "Holy Spirit" of their Love.. a Love so huge that the Spirit of it is a person itself.

God is Love. Literally. A love between Son and Father for Eternity. We , as images of the Son, were created to ever expand the Love between the Father and the Son. That is why we exist.

God ia forever expanding.. becoming more.. cannot be contained.. this means the Son wil find new waves to love the Father.. and the Father will forever find new ways to Love the son. The history of this world and universe is just example of God expanding the Love between Father and Son.. and the Rebellion of the Angels also is jsut the ever expanding revelation of what Love is and what must be done for it.

Great post Ash. I agree with you.
I'm not confused about the God trinity.

....if there's any confusion, it's that you can get the gift of salvation from one "part" of God, but not the other. Maybe confusion isn't the right word.

I believe that concept is poppycock.
Back to top Go down
pdcsinger

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 pm

It is important that people learn the persons and relationships of God. The names of God describe Him and what he does for us (one of his names describes man and woman and their relationship, which pretty much kills the whole gay marraige topic right there). Once you learn this, it is easier to keep them distinctly separate, because they are responsible for different things. Like: We are friends with Christ, He is the Groom, the Church is the Bride. Our relationship with Christ is different than our relationship with God the Father. You would not say that your wife and your father-in-law are interchangable and are the same people.

The bible is clear that Salvation only comes by Jesus Christ, as in, he is the only Way. Salvation is not by the Holy Spirit or Father God. God's offering for reconciliation is Jesus Christ. The bible is clear, "There is no other name by which man can be saved." To believe in God means that you must believe in Jesus Christ His Son and accept his payment for your sins. The whole Old Testament relays this image over and over and over again.

Now, if someone does not know about Jesus, but sees nature and the evidence of God, and then seeks to find God and know God, the person will be judged according the law born in him or her. This is stated by Paul. No man is without excuse he says. Creation and our conscience gives testimony to the fact that there is a God.

So in that sense, I agree. But, we are saved by the offering of Christ and Christ alone. That is very different than saying some special prayer with the name Jesus in it. Jesus isn't his real name anyway. That is the English translation. So the fundamentalists that say people MUST say the name of Jesus have missed the point and they themselves would be lost by their own logic.

Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 pm

According to Christianity... salvation comes through Christ and Christ only.. not the Father or the Holy Spirit. The Father condemns us for our sin.. but the Son takes the Fathers Condemnation in our place.

This is due to Love. Love of both the Father and the Son. The Father commanded that the SOn shoudl be the Lamb.. the Son became the Lamb and Suffered out of Love for the Father ( and us ).

Christ - " I am the Way , the Truth and the Life. None come to the Father except by me ".

Christ doesn't say " Some come to The Father without me ". He says " None come the Father except by me".

We can believe what he says.. or not believe it. But what he says is straight forward.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 pm

RIGHT ON!

Brother Ash has missed his calling as The Reverend Ash. You preach it brother! Seriously, I am in 100% agreement (first time scratch ) with what you just wrote. You got it straight!
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:39 pm

You don't even know. Every time I attend Bible studies I end up being the "preacher" ( taking over the direction).. and not even intentionally, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:08 pm

A lot of what's being said now, I commented on before.
I lieu of repeating myself, I'll just quote myself.

Feel free to disagree, but this is just what I believe.

Hguols wrote:

Centuries before, there was no Jesus Christ. How could those people go through Jesus when He wasn't born yet? I seriously doubt they knew of Him. Adam and Eve, sorry about your luck, you didn't know Jesus - now burn.

I have a hard time believing those who never had the chance to know Him, are insta-screwed. I also have a hard time believing that the "terms of service" changed / changes for humanity's salvation.

Within the context of the scriptures, Jesus is talking to his disciples. Jesus starts out comforting them with describing "His Father's house". Specifically, 14:6 is Jesus's reply to Thomas's question of "I don't know where your going. (heaven) Show us the way."

Right after Jesus says no one goes to the father except through Him, Philip says, "Just show us God and it will be enough for us." Jesus replies, "What you talkin' 'bout Philip? I AM GOD."

SO, if Jesus = Key to Salvation, how could God not be the key to salvation since Jesus is God and God is Jesus?

I know in verse 6, that "no one" in Jesus' quote APPEARS pretty cut and dry. Personally, I like the cut and dry APPEARANCE of John 14:14. Jesus says, "You may ask Me for anything in My Name, and I will do it."

I took full advantage of that anything.
I'm still waiting on that pony.

Jesting aside, I believe this "no one" is specifically to His disciples. The "anything" is to his disciples. To me, being strict about this is the equivalent of "Well, he told _______ to the Israelites, I guess I better do it."

No more calendars, no more shaving, no tattoos, no more rare steaks, no more poking bodies at the morgue.... SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Quote :
Centuries before, there was no Jesus Christ. How could those people go
through Jesus when He wasn't born yet? I seriously doubt they knew of
Him. Adam and Eve, sorry about your luck, you didn't know Jesus - now
burn.

This is all dealt with thoroughly in scripture. And also in the Apostles creed.

Before Christ, those who were considered "righteous", due to simply believing God.. went to what was referred to as "Abraham's bosom".. a waiting place, if you will.

What were the dead waiting for and even those who were not in Abraham's bosom? When Christ died and was dead for three days.. it is written that he went down into "hell" and witnessed there. In other words.. even those who were dead had a chance to accept or reject Christ.. in hell or Abraham's bosom.

1 Peter 4-
6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead,
so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live
according to God in regard to the spirit.

Matthew
12:40
(English-NIV)
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly
of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the
heart of the earth. ( references to the Pit )

1 Peter 3-
19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently
in the days of Noah while
the ark was being built

Revelation
1:18
(English-NIV)
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.
Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First
and the Last.
18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!
And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Quote :
SO, if Jesus = Key to Salvation, how could God not be the key to salvation since Jesus is God and God is Jesus?

Because Jesus is 100 percent God and 100 percent Man. He is the only "begotten" Son of God. Meaning the only Uncreated Son of God.

He is God and the original Man is also God. Remember the verse ' We are created in the Image of God".. that is because we are created in the Original Man, who is also God.

Keeping in mind the word God is quite generic and can be used to mean many different things.

This is also why the Fallen Angels have such an amazing hatred for us. We are the created inteh Image of Him who cast them down and from whom they rebelled. In destroying us, they are destorying a piece of Him, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 am

Okay.
Im not racist or anti-semantic.
But I couldnt resist posting this:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104424/
no one start yelling at me.
Its funny.
Laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
oldschooldoom

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about the Jews.   

Back to top Go down

A question about the Jews.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com