BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What happens when you obey. (praise)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

What happens when you obey. (praise) Vide
PostSubject: What happens when you obey. (praise)   What happens when you obey. (praise) Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Life is hard but most of the time, the way we react to problems can only get everything worse, or better.

I've had a really rough time from January to April. Lost my job, lost my car in a crash, lost my girlfriend. Through that storm I learned a bunch of things. One thing I did was to completely surrender myself to God. Like it's written in Romans 12:1 that we need to offer ourselves as living sacrifices for Him. God showed me that I needed to be sanctified for Him and so that's what I tried to do with all my strength.

Eventually after I lost my job in a hotel I found another one as a dishwasher in a little restaurant not too far from home. I really really hated that Job. I mean, I had studied to be a cook, had my diploma, had experience etc. But they just didnt have a job for me as a cook, only the dishwasher spot was available. So I worked there 3 months and my life wasn't going too well. But even tho I was unhappy, I surrendered to God. Read my Bible, prayed, prayed, cried.

Then one Sunday I sent my CVs to good restaurants on the south shore of Montreal (I lived on the north shore). I aimed for fancy restaurants cause that's the food I wanna make. And so 2 days later (tuesday) I came back and talked with the Chef there. He told me his sous-chef just left him and that he really needs someone to take over. So he told me to come back friday to have a "test day" sort of.

Thursday, my sister gives me (totally for free) her old car (that really isnt that old) and friday I go there with the car. Everything goes really well and I get the job. Friday afternoon I go visit an appartment that is 5 minutes from the restaurant. And saturday I moved there.

Now I work as the sous-chef there. And it really isn't no cheap restaurant. I really love my job, I work full time, have a car thats been given to me, and now I have my own appartment (actually I live with another dude in a huge duplex in a cool neighborhood.)

It took 3 days to completely change my situation and everything went smoothly.
God gave me all that. And I wanna share with you that God is good and that those who try harder to please Him do not get nothing in return.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God bless you all.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you obey. (praise)   What happens when you obey. (praise) Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 8:29 pm

What you shared was inspiring. Thank you.

Obeying God, for me, doesn't really seem to dictate circumstances. The best byproduct of following God's will is my attitude change.

Gratitude is essential to my spirituality. Starting this journey, my gratitude was based on things going my way, the way I wanted them to go, or circumstances happening to my liking. ....and if they didn't go my way, they way I think they should, or went against my liking, I was ungrateful.

That's changed for me. For lack of better words, I'm in the process of "blooming where I'm planted". I'm not talking necessarily about a location, but about trials, tribulations, promotions and complacency.

Whatever terrible times I'm going through, I'm sure there's someone, probably within a 10 mile radius who's going through something much worse.

Whatever rewards and perks I'm getting on this earth, there's someone, again probably within a 10 mile radius who's doing half the work and getting twice the reward.

That's ok. The important thing is to play the best hand we're dealt, and keep trudging the road to happy destiny.

Thanks again for sharing that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you obey. (praise)   What happens when you obey. (praise) Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Good news.

i can relate.. and have gone through even worse. But God still keeps me around for some reason. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you obey. (praise)   What happens when you obey. (praise) Icon_minitime1Sun May 16, 2010 5:46 am

totally agree with ya mate, He works all things for good... in the end anyway Smile

Bless ya for being obedient and not becoming bitter... learning from shitty times works best.

I'm currently going thru some ok things... learning alot I don't like but I know its good for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you obey. (praise)   What happens when you obey. (praise) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What happens when you obey. (praise)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com