BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

-- Sin --

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

--  Sin  -- - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 pm

I recommend the book "Undercover by John Bevere. The main premise of the book is about learning to submit to authority appointed by God, but many of the chaoters deal with defining sin and its consequences in our life. It is full of bible scriptures and commentary. It is a great book.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 am

John Bevere is a great man of God. I too read a couple of his books.
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Corpse

Exquisite Corpse

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm

To me, sin is acts (by thought or action) that end up hurting others and/or yourself, and therefore God. Sometimes the bad consequences might not be seen yet, but you have already sinned in God's eyes. Also, sin is a nature, that we have. That has become part of "human nature". There is more but that's all I wanted to contribute for now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.love146.com
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 17, 2010 10:35 pm

In essence? Living in our irrational own way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm

sin is as put in the bible, transgression of the law, since we are not under the law anymore but under the spirit it would be transgression of the spirit, which is the spirit of god which would be going against god, the only way to not go against him is to fully submit ourselves to him. i also beleive sin is necessary, we must sin and come back to god, the bible states that god is more joyed by a man who sins and repents (not just repents but bears fruit in keeping with repentance) then someone who has never needed forgiveness, it is a part of our ongoing creation and the building of our character. mans fall was intentional, saying it was not makes god fallible, which he is not, think long and hard and prayerfully read the bible and you will see what i mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
Exquisite Corpse

Exquisite Corpse

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm

wizardovmetal wrote:
sin is as put in the bible, transgression of the law, since we are not under the law anymore but under the spirit it would be transgression of the spirit, which is the spirit of god which would be going against god, the only way to not go against him is to fully submit ourselves to him. i also beleive sin is necessary, we must sin and come back to god, the bible states that god is more joyed by a man who sins and repents (not just repents but bears fruit in keeping with repentance) then someone who has never needed forgiveness, it is a part of our ongoing creation and the building of our character. mans fall was intentional, saying it was not makes god fallible, which he is not, think long and hard and prayerfully read the bible and you will see what i mean.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.love146.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -- Sin --   --  Sin  -- - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

-- Sin --

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com