-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Confusion is a ballache

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamerad Ash

avatar

Number of posts : 2273
Age : 40
Location : Hell
Registration date : 2008-12-12
Points : 6430

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Anyone who claims to have some declaration on the ways of God, concerning the matter of Him answering our calls or revealing Himself.. is just showing that they don't know wha they are talking about.

The minute you try and declare how it is God will communicate to you or answer you.. or why it is God will not do these things.. is the minute you assume to know too much. It is the same position the friends of Job took.

..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4473

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

nice new avatar ash
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Hero wrote:
nice new avatar ash

The best one yet!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4512

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Way to encourage jim... not.

I understand the reasons for the heated discussions.. but perhaps moving them would have shown some more thoughtfulness.

Can we move all the arguing stuff to another thread? and keep this about Jims topic.. so whatever is for Jim is apparent?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 pm

In lieu of saying horse

...let me state that there has been resolve through PMs.

Sorry y'all didn't see the happy conclusion, but doing so would be airing dirty laundry.

Recent photos of the agreement are in Kamerad Ash's avatar. (I'm the one with the beard)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm

therockismighty wrote:
Way to encourage jim... not.

I understand the reasons for the heated discussions.. but perhaps moving them would have shown some more thoughtfulness.

Can we move all the arguing stuff to another thread? and keep this about Jims topic.. so whatever is for Jim is apparent?

thanks katie, but i dont think theres anything that can help me at the mo
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4512

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 pm

hahaha @hguols.,,

I can gather that jim.... so hey, ill keep you in my thoughts and things I throw up to God... love ya man
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Jim wrote:

thanks katie, but i dont think theres anything that can help me at the mo

That's bullshirt Jim.

Whether you think it can help, or can't help, you are absolutely right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:48 am

Hguols wrote:
Jim wrote:

thanks katie, but i dont think theres anything that can help me at the mo

That's bullshirt Jim.

Whether you think it can help, or can't help, you are absolutely right.

i'll be the judge or not if its bullshirt or not. im point out the fact that everthing thats been said in this thread has helped this much...

james
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Kamerad Ash

avatar

Number of posts : 2273
Age : 40
Location : Hell
Registration date : 2008-12-12
Points : 6430

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am

.....





Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm

What I do not get Jim is why you asked for help, and then when people state their opinion on how to help, you ignore them. You do not even interact with them to give us a clue as to how to help.

I PM'd you personally and you ignored that. So as far as I can see you are wasting everyone time here by not even giving us a clue to what exactly you want help in.

You throw out a general statement and then disappear, and when you do reappear you say it is worthless.

So tell us specifically what your problem is and we can help. Otherwise, you started an argument between several people for nothing.

Which means, when you post a more serious one, most of us here will not take you seriously on this since, the first time you ignored us.

So for the sake of your credibility be honest here and tell us something so we can help you or you can simply state, you do not want us to help you. Do not make us play games on "Guess what Jim wants"!
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
What I do not get Jim is why you asked for help, and then when people state their opinion on how to help, you ignore them. You do not even interact with them to give us a clue as to how to help.

I PM'd you personally and you ignored that. So as far as I can see you are wasting everyone time here by not even giving us a clue to what exactly you want help in.

You throw out a general statement and then disappear, and when you do reappear you say it is worthless.

So tell us specifically what your problem is and we can help. Otherwise, you started an argument between several people for nothing.

Which means, when you post a more serious one, most of us here will not take you seriously on this since, the first time you ignored us.

So for the sake of your credibility be honest here and tell us something so we can help you or you can simply state, you do not want us to help you. Do not make us play games on "Guess what Jim wants"!

lmao i love this bit...

"Otherwise, you started an argument between several people for nothing. "

don't blame me, beacuse you lot cant get on!

and i did reply to the posts! if you bothered to actually read them. I said this...
Quote :
i think what you all seem to be describing is 3 main things

read bible by yourself
pray to god
ask spirit to guide

been there and done it all over...

and over...

and over...

and over...

never got me anywhere. I dont think there is an answer to the question.
or its because i dont want to hear it
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
BryneVampyr

avatar

Number of posts : 250
Age : 52
Location : Utah
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3698

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 pm

OK...I haven't said anything yet, because I am sort of unclear about exactly what you are having difficulties with.

What are you unsure about, exactly?


Is there anything that you are sure that you believe? For example, do you believe that God exists?


I know that for me, there are some things that I am not sure about...things that I believe slightly differently than what my church teaches or am not totally convinced that what my church teaches is correct. But I don't consider those things to be essential, so I don't worry about it all that much.
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Jim wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:
What I do not get Jim is why you asked for help, and then when people state their opinion on how to help, you ignore them. You do not even interact with them to give us a clue as to how to help.

I PM'd you personally and you ignored that. So as far as I can see you are wasting everyone time here by not even giving us a clue to what exactly you want help in.

You throw out a general statement and then disappear, and when you do reappear you say it is worthless.

So tell us specifically what your problem is and we can help. Otherwise, you started an argument between several people for nothing.

Which means, when you post a more serious one, most of us here will not take you seriously on this since, the first time you ignored us.

So for the sake of your credibility be honest here and tell us something so we can help you or you can simply state, you do not want us to help you. Do not make us play games on "Guess what Jim wants"!

lmao i love this bit...

"Otherwise, you started an argument between several people for nothing. "

don't blame me, beacuse you lot cant get on!

and i did reply to the posts! if you bothered to actually read them. I said this...
Quote :
i think what you all seem to be describing is 3 main things

read bible by yourself
pray to god
ask spirit to guide

been there and done it all over...

and over...

and over...

and over...

never got me anywhere. I dont think there is an answer to the question.
or its because i dont want to hear it

That tells us nothing.

Or are you posting something in cryptic and stating you really do not care anymore about this?

I see here, you do not care what we have to say. So there was no point in posting this, other than you just saying "I give up and I want nothing from anyone here".

So because you can not understand what the faith is about, so you are just going to give up? Is that what you are saying? Because that is what you are saying by saying and replying to nothing, and then stating that as "I give up"?

Yes I did read it, it said NOTHING of WORTH for us to help you.

So I see here Jim is you do not want us to help you, you are saying "I GAVE UP THE FAITH" without saying "I GAVE UP THE FAITH!"

If that is the case, then you should have just been more upfront in the opening post, instead of wasting every ones time and playing on everyones feeling on trying to help you. If that is the case you are very disingenuous.


Last edited by lord voldemort on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:49 pm

@LV

I think i became a christain for my ex, and now shes not around and got pretty much got screwed by the church i went too. So now shes not around and im thinking, why am i still a Christian, when i don't believe half the things in the bible
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Jim wrote:
@LV

I think i became a christain for my ex, and now shes not around and got pretty much got screwed by the church i went too. So now shes not around and im thinking, why am i still a Christian, when i don't believe half the things in the bible

That I can understand. Thanks for being honest about it.

If you did it for someone else, then that person no longer believes, then on your case it holds no sway on believing.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:53 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
Jim wrote:
@LV

I think i became a christain for my ex, and now shes not around and got pretty much got screwed by the church i went too. So now shes not around and im thinking, why am i still a Christian, when i don't believe half the things in the bible

That I can understand. Thanks for being honest about it.

If you did it for someone else, then that person no longer believes, then on your case it holds no sway on believing.

no no, i ment... i got screwed over by the church i went too. shes still a big part of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
BryneVampyr

avatar

Number of posts : 250
Age : 52
Location : Utah
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3698

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 pm

That sucks so much. I went through a similar thing with my ex-husband. Our church basically took his side when we split up, and I was left out in the cold. He is still a big part of that church.
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Jim wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:
Jim wrote:
@LV

I think i became a christain for my ex, and now shes not around and got pretty much got screwed by the church i went too. So now shes not around and im thinking, why am i still a Christian, when i don't believe half the things in the bible

That I can understand. Thanks for being honest about it.

If you did it for someone else, then that person no longer believes, then on your case it holds no sway on believing.

no no, i ment... i got screwed over by the church i went too. shes still a big part of it

Yeah, the old "Christians are hypocrites" argument. I understand now. That is tough, I have had a similar experience.

You will find many Christians have had similar experience, many handle it differently. Most get angry and many get over it. Others stay angry and it defines what they will do for the rest of their lives.

The advice everyone gave you here was based on a false assumption you gave in your opening. If you mentioned this, the conversation and advice would have been different. I think you will find almost everyone here has had a similar experience.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

problem i find is i dont trust people normally, so this just threw me out even more.

so i really really! tried to get on with it. But its too hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Jim wrote:
problem i find is i dont trust people normally, so this just threw me out even more.

so i really really! tried to get on with it. But its too hard

Will you tell your story of what happened? Some times just relaying it will help you sort through it. At the very least loose any anger and confusion over it, and move on.

You might find a few people on here that will understand what you went through and they maybe able to help you more specifically.

What you do with Christianity is your choice, I can not force you one way or the other, nor will I. But what we can do here is try to make you feel better over this situation, and get you healed up.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5088

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
Jim wrote:
problem i find is i dont trust people normally, so this just threw me out even more.

so i really really! tried to get on with it. But its too hard

Will you tell your story of what happened? Some times just relaying it will help you sort through it. At the very least loose any anger and confusion over it, and move on.

You might find a few people on here that will understand what you went through and they maybe able to help you more specifically.

What you do with Christianity is your choice, I can not force you one way or the other, nor will I. But what we can do here is try to make you feel better over this situation, and get you healed up.

been over it about 100X this happened like in august last year. I just got pushed out, all the people who i thought were my friends, stopped talking to me, wouldnt even look at me in church etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6168

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Just peeked at this thread. Wow is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

avatar

Number of posts : 2576
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6800

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm

I had a similar experience with Christianity. I also converted because an ex wanted me to, got a lot of **** from "brothers in Christ", stopped believing the bible, and gave up.
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

avatar

Number of posts : 550
Age : 39
Location : Toccoa, GA
Registration date : 2009-11-07
Points : 3972

PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Christians can be the cruelest of people.

One of the reason I have concluded is because most Christians do not know their faith, other than what they are told and anything that contradicts it in anyway is a threat.

Especially a new believer or a person of interest asking questions about the faith. And most of them will have no answers for why they believe in their "faith".

Which is why I have abandoned that form and struck out on my own, because, I can follow Christ without someone telling me that it is "wrong" because I differ on a point with them.

I can understand why people will leave the faith when they meet people like that, and all I can say they will have their day of reckoning over how they treated you. But in the scope of the big picture, you should not care what they think and push on ahead in the faith.

Whether you believe Christ is false because of these people is irrelevant, Christ is real. If you reject him, then the consequence of it belongs to you.

You should not reject Christ because of a few bad apples. You come here all the time, and here you have met very good Christians who have accepted you. The experience here with most believers here is what it should be like.

Winterband is an anomaly here. Winterband represents, I am sure the same people that hurt you both at the previous churches? Hardnose by the rule, follow or die Christian!

One of the reason I can see why Winterband will not respond to people like me, is because they have no response to give to an educated response, all they know is what has been told to them, they parrot what they have been taught. They no not Christ.

You are condemning Christianity by a false Christianity. Your reaction proves it. You know what the genuine Christianity should be like and the fact you all feel betrayed shows you know the truth. Do not let these people win over you, they will have their judgment. But you can have yours as well, follow Christ and grow in Christ and show them that Christ means more to you then their opinion of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Confusion is a ballache   

Back to top Go down
 

Confusion is a ballache

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com