BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Restrospective of the Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Restrospective of the Church Vide
PostSubject: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Can anyone tell me what was the MAJOR difference between the church as it is now and when it first started? It's unity. Why? What happened? Where are we now, compared to where they were then?

First things first, what is unity? How united were they, back then? The book of acts tells us that amongts them, no one was in the need (nor sick) because they shared everything they had with one another in love. They were one spiritually, all thinking the same about Jesus, all going the same way. Jesus calls us to be like this too. I can't find the passage but when I do I'll edit my post. They were healthy, they were not in need, love was the link between them.

Did you know that Christianity is the religion that has the most branches off it's root. We all have the same bible, yet many believe / understand different things. Why? Division, caused by blindness and/or anything else. Caused by sin.

Why should it bother us that we are divided and not united? Because a house divided against itself will not stand.
Matthew 12:25
Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

We're all caught in this spiritual warfare. Many are asleep, others who are blind do not seem to care.

I think the main reason division is amongst us is simply because we don't have the same focus. If all of us, if all of us we really seek Truth without compromise, only The Truth, we will be united. Because there is only One Truth and it's Jesus Christ.

Jesus and God the Father are 2, yet they are One. One in unity, because they think the same, they want the same things. The same way, we must be one to walk with Christ Jesus (now, on this Earth) and please Him.

Now the problem with the church nowadays is that we are divided, not only because we think differently, also because we are corrupt. Back in the day, Christianity was a counter-culture. No orgies, no witchery, no nothing vile. Now, Christianity is a sub culture. WHAT HAPPENED? Corruption. Darkness managed to find it's way deep inside our hearts and we make a lot of compromises concerning God. This, but not that... Because we love to sin, and because we love to sin, we do not love God, and because we do not love God, we do not seek Him, and because we do not seek Him, we think differently. And we live in division.

I'm extreme you think? Not so much.

The church is corrupt.

Be part of this counter-culture that is The True Bride of Christ, not a subculture that is corrupted by all that is vile. Why be a counter-culture so much? Why take on our crosses and forget about our sinful desires? Because it is the only way that God will shine through us on this Earth. And most importantly, because God is worthy of such dedication.

Last edited by Hero on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BryneVampyr

BryneVampyr

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Actually, there was a lot of division right from the beginning. Remember Stephen, the first martyr? He was one of the first deacons. The reason they appointed deacons was because the Greek widows were being left out in the distribution of food. Right away, there was a division.

Paul's letters address the many divisions that were springing up in the church. Division is nothing new. It is something that the church has struggled with from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm

There were not as much division as there is now.
And it doesn't really matter how bad it was then compared to now as long we stay focused on what Jesus wants of us. He wants us to be united.
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:34 am

Hero wrote:
There were not as much division as there is now.
And it doesn't really matter how bad it was then compared to now as long we stay focused on what Jesus wants of us. He wants us to be united.

And there weren't as many different nations and races back then as well. Remember that Christianity began with Jewish members and spread out from there.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

I still don't think it excuses the division that there is now. Sure, there is much more Christians now. But the number shouldn't matter if we're all going the same way, focusing on the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:51 pm

The original church was being fed to lions and used as torch's at night to light Rome ( by Emperor Nero ).. so I don't know if you want to be like that early Church.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
The original church was being fed to lions and used as torch's at night to light Rome ( by Emperor Nero ).. so I don't know if you want to be like that early Church.
The church has always been at its best when it's the 'underdog.' Without strong outside opposition we all get lazy, or start bickering.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

The real Church still is and always will be the underdog.

I'm happy not to have to worry about being killed for my beliefs. I prefer this time and place over the time of the eaqly Church.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
True, but the success of the mainstream church seems to get in the way of the real church being effective... possibly more than 'the world' could.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Yeah Nero was not very nice to Christians
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm

[quote="MetLHed4GZus"]
Kamerad Ash wrote:
Yeah Nero was not very nice to Christians

Quote :

I'm happy not to have to worry about being killed for my beliefs. I prefer this time and place over the time of the early Church.
Actually, this kinda persecution still exists today in other countries
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 pm

To put it shortly... in the beginning, there was Christ's doctrine. Then, there was man's doctrine. Then a slight return to Christ's doctrines. Now slightly back to man's. All within the span of two thousand years.

It's a weird cycle... it should have just remained the same, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm

We have freedom of religion.. whcih is only a modern societlal advancement. We shoudl all be thankful for it.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 pm

ELAN wrote:
To put it shortly... in the beginning, there was Christ's doctrine. Then, there was man's doctrine. Then a slight return to Christ's doctrines. Now slightly back to man's. All within the span of two thousand years.

It's a weird cycle... it should have just remained the same, in my opinion.
That's not a new cycle, though. Israel did the same thing. We're so predictable.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:

I do, actually. The way they were treated was awful but it's a price I'm willing to pay if only we were 50% like them.

We're way off now, with all the different branches and the catholicism that totally messed up Jesus' name in many places of the world (like here). Don't turn this into a catholicism debate, I'm saying what happened for a fact as a cause of how dead today's Christianity is.

Which makes me think that while dying as a martyr is an incredibly difficult thing, no Christian should be afraid of it. There is no greater love than to die for someone, and if you die because you spread God's Word because you love Him, your torture will turn to glory. It's a poor price to pay for an incredible reward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restrospective of the Church   Restrospective of the Church Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Restrospective of the Church

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com