-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Usvart Jorge

avatar

Number of posts : 758
Age : 25
Location : Douglas, AZ, USA
Registration date : 2009-02-17
Points : 4380

PostSubject: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

This lady has very interesting commentary on Speaking in Tongues and being slain in the spirit. What do you guys think?


Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-11-10
Points : 3987

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 am

she has some very constructiv things to say. I will add that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in Benny Hinn's life nor in any of those of the likes of him. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in being "slain in the spirit" nor does He endorse these practices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 am

To make such claims, you gotta be more than sure about it.

Or else, it's blasphemy.

I'm just saying.

I didn't watch the vid, no time right now. Was just replying to felipe.
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-11-10
Points : 3987

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 am

Hero wrote:
To make such claims, you gotta be more than sure about it.

Or else, it's blasphemy.

I'm just saying.

I didn't watch the vid, no time right now. Was just replying to felipe.

sorry, bro, I did not mean to offend you or the people you admire - I just have my personal convictions. hugs and Godbless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
Wilkins



Number of posts : 54
Age : 28
Location : Aus
Registration date : 2009-04-26
Points : 3568

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 am



I love it, in ancient art work, Pentecost was actually described as very organised, very proper and not how it is displayed in a lot of modern "Pentecostal" churches.

What else I love is how she speaks. Not to sound racist, but I was expecting her to be in full support of the "dodginess' that does go on. But, she wasn't, and that is a nice and refreshing surprise. Because, a lot of "blacks" are very much like that. So, that's nice.

But yeah, having seen Hinn before, having been involved in Pentecostalism, I do agree with her a lot regarding the "response" that people have. Oh, wait... A dude is waving his arms, I must fall over. I actually made a conscious effort a few times to actually keep myself standing up, and 99% of the time, I still kept myself standing, despite the slight push by the person laying hands on me (oh, yeah... I know a lot about that too). Oh, I've fallen over once I think. Can't explain that (I'll leave that open for defense by Pentecostals), but yeah... The Spirit does move, I am no Cessasionist. But I think it has been glamourised and grossly misinterpreted. Much like Spiritual Warfare. But that's a different topic. But she IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about the repeating the same sylables. I've seen almost everybody repeat the same stuff. People on TBN, the internet, all the "Revivals", people in America, Australia... everywhere. Its the same "hoolookababbaashababa" etc. Tounges = language. I haven't seen any language just having one sylable, and lets face it, the Holy Spirit (the real Holy Spirit, the Trinity, GOD! And He doesn't lie) would have a better and more higher language than human one... Not just one bunch of sylables etc

Lets say, I do agree wholeheartedly. I think that the video is a perfect rebuttal, not disrespectful, not rude or crass (as I would sometimes do Wink), but a wonderful scriptural rebuttal. I actually think it is a wonderful video.

To the woman, I luv u gurlfriend haha!

Oh, the first clip of Benny Hinn is my favourite, not because of the stupidity of the stunt, but he sounds like he could be in a thrash metal band! Do watch it, its like 3 minutes in I think haha


Last edited by Wilkins on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 am

FuneralOath wrote:
Hero wrote:
To make such claims, you gotta be more than sure about it.

Or else, it's blasphemy.

I'm just saying.

I didn't watch the vid, no time right now. Was just replying to felipe.

sorry, bro, I did not mean to offend you or the people you admire - I just have my personal convictions. hugs and Godbless!

No worries lol. I was really far from offended. While I've seen Hinn live, I also know about the controversy about him.

I just don't jump in any hate train without real thorough information. No man is perfect, but to say that this guy is demon possessed and that people slain in the spirit at his conferences are being slain by demons, it's an extremely grave accusation. Not against Hinn, against God.

And such accusations, if they are not on a solid spirit led base. Can give satan HUGE door in your life by which he can torment you.

Realize this, Felipe, I am saying this for you before defending The Holy Spirit. If anything, ask God to truly guide you to be able to discern with Him, according to His point of view.


Last edited by Hero on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Corpse

avatar

Number of posts : 119
Age : 30
Location : New England (currently)
Registration date : 2009-01-28
Points : 3689

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Wow, she makes some very, very good points. And I love that she's straightforward without being mean, and how she backed up what she said with scriptures. Awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.love146.com
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:28 pm

FuneralOath wrote:
she has some very constructiv things to say. I will add that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in Benny Hinn's life nor in any of those of the likes of him. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in being "slain in the spirit" nor does He endorse these practices.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/Slain-in-the-Spirit.html

of course being slain in the spirit is form God, I have witnessed it so many times and it is always when there is a huge sign of His presence, usually in worship. People who don't beleive in it simply have not seeked it

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
CorpulentCripple



Number of posts : 421
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-17
Points : 3949

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I am subscribed to her videos actually. Nice woman, who really Loves the Lord, Hates Sin, and loves Sound Theology.
Back to top Go down
CorpulentCripple



Number of posts : 421
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-17
Points : 3949

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
FuneralOath wrote:
she has some very constructiv things to say. I will add that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in Benny Hinn's life nor in any of those of the likes of him. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in being "slain in the spirit" nor does He endorse these practices.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/Slain-in-the-Spirit.html

of course being slain in the spirit is form God, I have witnessed it so many times and it is always when there is a huge sign of His presence, usually in worship. People who don't beleive in it simply have not seeked it

Matt, I respect you, but I have to ask you (and have seen others ask, though im not sure if you've answered them) Can you provide Scripture which states that "witnessing" something makes it true? im not saying it isn't, but COULD it be that (and I mean No disrespect towards those who speak in tongues or dance in the spirit) what you're seeing is just a bunch of babbling incoherently and flailing around, Thinking the holy spirit is there when its really nothing but Heavy Emotionalism? is that "possible"?
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:42 pm

CorpulentCripple wrote:
MetLHed4GZus wrote:
FuneralOath wrote:
she has some very constructiv things to say. I will add that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in Benny Hinn's life nor in any of those of the likes of him. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in being "slain in the spirit" nor does He endorse these practices.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/Slain-in-the-Spirit.html

of course being slain in the spirit is form God, I have witnessed it so many times and it is always when there is a huge sign of His presence, usually in worship. People who don't beleive in it simply have not seeked it

Matt, I respect you, but I have to ask you (and have seen others ask, though im not sure if you've answered them) Can you provide Scripture which states that "witnessing" something makes it true? im not saying it isn't, but COULD it be that (and I mean No disrespect towards those who speak in tongues or dance in the spirit) what you're seeing is just a bunch of babbling incoherently and flailing around, Thinking the holy spirit is there when its really nothing but Heavy Emotionalism? is that "possible"?
if it was emotionalism, why would they fall without trying to catch themsleves? That is actually basically humanly impossible. Plus, have you ever seen anyone hurt themselves when it's done???? So yes, emotionalism is definitely not an explanation

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 32
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7746

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

It's not impossible to fall without trying to catch oneself.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 pm

mazzie wrote:
It's not impossible to fall without trying to catch oneself.
it's extremely hard though, I sure can't do it, it either has to be an actuall fainting or the spirit. Now I do think whatever that Benny Hinn stuff I've never seen, taht looks kinda overboard....but I'm not the judge of course, it could be real.

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Okay, so I finally had the time to watch this video in it's entirety and I noticed quite a couple of things.

Before anything, let me tell you that some people DO exaggerate for a couple reasons when they are, or not, under the the heavy presence of God. However...

Here we have a lady who is apparently not fond of how The Spirit can act through people. Why? I don't know. It can seem pretty weird to talk in tongues or to have shakes when The Spirit comes on you. At least, it's weird for most people who don't experience it.

Now, the real major problem I see with this video, is this complete lack of love towards those "dumb" people who do those things because their "brains are programmed to fall" and react or whatnot. Through out all this video, you see this lady far wiser than anyone else, mocking those who act in the way she condemns because, to her, it makes no sense. She uses biblical passages but none of them truly contradict those practices. Besides, those are not even practices, they are reactions. Reactions to this Entity that is The Holy Spirit that penetrates your soul and/or uses you. I've heard of people making animals noises saying they were under the influence of The holy Ghost, that of course, makes no sense, but I think we all have a good idea of what speaking in Tongues or being slain in the spirit sounds/looks like.

Here's my take on the way she "rebukes" others with passages that don't prove her points.
Paul says this in 1 Timothy 5

1Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, 2older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

We are to discern by The Fruits of The Spirit. If one rebukes another without love, his attempt is vain and hides dark motivations. Rebuking harshly is one thing, mocking others is another.

How will God use someone to rebuke others if this person has no love for them? It's simple, God just won't use them. And their rebuking will be everything but Holy. Exactly like in this video.


Last edited by Hero on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 pm

btw she is completely wrong on tongues, I'm not going into detail right now though. I'm not getting in this debate right now, I don't feel like it right now

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
CorpulentCripple



Number of posts : 421
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-17
Points : 3949

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:30 pm

True, we shouldnt throw the baby out with the bathwater, and Just people misusing tongues alone is not sufficient evidence that tongues is null and void, or heresy..

but im sorry,...I watched plenty of videos on youtube where the "tongues" were sentences like "boughtamazdashouldaboughtahonda!" yes, i have seen this, and it was not a parody, and it sickens me.
Back to top Go down
CorpulentCripple



Number of posts : 421
Age : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-17
Points : 3949

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
CorpulentCripple wrote:
MetLHed4GZus wrote:
FuneralOath wrote:
she has some very constructiv things to say. I will add that the Holy Spirit is nowhere in Benny Hinn's life nor in any of those of the likes of him. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in being "slain in the spirit" nor does He endorse these practices.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/Slain-in-the-Spirit.html

of course being slain in the spirit is form God, I have witnessed it so many times and it is always when there is a huge sign of His presence, usually in worship. People who don't beleive in it simply have not seeked it

Matt, I respect you, but I have to ask you (and have seen others ask, though im not sure if you've answered them) Can you provide Scripture which states that "witnessing" something makes it true? im not saying it isn't, but COULD it be that (and I mean No disrespect towards those who speak in tongues or dance in the spirit) what you're seeing is just a bunch of babbling incoherently and flailing around, Thinking the holy spirit is there when its really nothing but Heavy Emotionalism? is that "possible"?
if it was emotionalism, why would they fall without trying to catch themsleves? That is actually basically humanly impossible. Plus, have you ever seen anyone hurt themselves when it's done???? So yes, emotionalism is definitely not an explanation

I dont say these things as someone who isnt "affected" by the idea of being slain in the spirit. my moms done it, many people at my old church have done it. even i sorta did it one time,..."didnt fall obviously because of the chair, but got really weak and didnt move for a while" so it pains me to see people doing something that i feel is non biblical *notice non biblical, not necessarily unbiblical, theres a difference* I am not convinced that the sightings I saw at my church was being legitly slain in the spirit, because (and i say this with love of my old congregations) the people who did it weren't exactly leading godly repentant lives,...why would God slain someone in the spirit who isnt living for Him?
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm

CorpulentCripple wrote:
I am subscribed to her videos actually. Nice woman, who really Loves the Lord, Hates Sin, and loves Sound Theology.

Consider this, what makes someone love God or not? How can you say this or that person loves God?
Of course, we can't out of any doubt pretend anything that is in a man's heart because we do not see men's heart. However, by the Fruits of The Spirit, we can determine if one is "divinely legit" (e.i. with good motivations, led by The Spirit) or not.

When loving others, you show your love for God because God loves us all equally. Now, if one is "weak spirited" and follows false doctrines that, if we take this situation, leads to incoherent "babbler" and "electric" reactions. Assuming those things would be completely wrong and God would not endorse them, would He mock them? Would He mock those who lack the wisdom to enlighten their hearts and act according to His Will? Without a doubt, He would NOT.

Being able to pull scriptures from the Bible out of your head because you know them by heart is not a Fruit of The Spirit. However, Love is. And again, in this video, there was absolutely no love.

This video is not "divinely legit".


Last edited by Hero on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 pm

CorpulentCripple wrote:
why would God slain someone in the spirit who isnt living for Him?

Being slain in The Spirit is not a gift, it's a reaction. It's not something you earn. It's the way you react when The Power of God penetrates your soul. Why would God penetrate anyone's soul? To make them feel loved, to heal them, etc. We know God loves us at all times, whether we feel it or not. But who says God can not make us literally feel it once in a while?

Oh I have no doubt that many people fake being slain in the Spirit. But, generally, it is legit.
Back to top Go down
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Yes, being slain in the spirit isn't necessarily earned per say, though you must be heavily seeking God to be touched so radically

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
Hero

avatar

Number of posts : 798
Age : 28
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Points : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Not necessarily. When God's presence get's so thick. Whether you like it or not, whether you want to or not, you react. Our bodies do not act toward God according to our minds. If you know what I mean. God is so Holy, whenever He's in the place you'll react. But it's gotta be really, really thick. The cases shown in this video are heavy cases. It isn't always so "electric" lol.

The bible says no man can see God and live. Why so? Because we are sinners and God is so Holy. Like the purest of lights who would disintegrate your flesh if it was physically in contact with it. It's a "normal, natural, logic reaction".

If no man can see God (Himself, in all His Glory) and live, it would make sense that when His Spirit is working in you, your body reacts. Because the spiritual affects the natural. The heavenly realms in which demons and angels are when roaming the Earth is like, if you will, a fourth dimension. And we could argue about that too, but let's stay focused on this very topic.
Back to top Go down
Exquisite Corpse

avatar

Number of posts : 119
Age : 30
Location : New England (currently)
Registration date : 2009-01-28
Points : 3689

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Honestly, I have personally experienced this sort of thing (the reaction when feeling/sensing God's presence so strongly). I know that that doesn't "prove" it to others; just sharing my experience. And yeah, I believe that it can be a legit reaction. However I don't like the term "slain in the spirit", personally, because I don't think that term is very accurate. Also, some people make it sound as if some saved people don't have the Spirit in them, when scriptures clearly say that if you're saved/regenerated, etc, you have God's spirit in you. (Galatians 3:2). I have been to many churches where this sort of thing tends to happen (at my church sometimes too); some that are legit and Biblically sound more of less, others that are dodgy.
The thing I don't like, especially, is how in some Assemblies of God churches (SOME, I'm not bashing AoG overall) some people claim that baptism in the Holy Spirit is when these outward reactions are seen, they make it sound as if that person has the Spirit when they otherwise don't; that others who are apparently saved aren't baptized in the Spirit. I don't like that because it implies (to me) that one can be saved but not have the Spirit of God "in" them (which, correct me if I'm wrong, but when one is saved, they do have God's Spirit in them). I see it as a reaction to when God's presence, which I think is there anyways, but can be more "concentrated" or something. Like, by really seeking Him, we can be more "in tune" with Him, and thus sometimes have such reactions.
I do think that in some churches, places, etc, people will fake it, often without knowing it. Like a bandwagon or mass hysteria sort of thing.

Sorry if this is a confusing post, it's hard to put this into words. I do however see what this woman is saying in her video, despite that I do believe it CAN be legit, in a way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.love146.com
laurenwrites

avatar

Number of posts : 3763
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, NC, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 5936

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Exquisite Corpse wrote:
Honestly, I have personally experienced this sort of thing (the reaction when feeling/sensing God's presence so strongly). I know that that doesn't "prove" it to others; just sharing my experience. And yeah, I believe that it can be a legit reaction. However I don't like the term "slain in the spirit", personally, because I don't think that term is very accurate. Also, some people make it sound as if some saved people don't have the Spirit in them, when scriptures clearly say that if you're saved/regenerated, etc, you have God's spirit in you. (Galatians 3:2). I have been to many churches where this sort of thing tends to happen (at my church sometimes too); some that are legit and Biblically sound more of less, others that are dodgy.
The thing I don't like, especially, is how in some Assemblies of God churches (SOME, I'm not bashing AoG overall) some people claim that baptism in the Holy Spirit is when these outward reactions are seen, they make it sound as if that person has the Spirit when they otherwise don't; that others who are apparently saved aren't baptized in the Spirit. I don't like that because it implies (to me) that one can be saved but not have the Spirit of God "in" them (which, correct me if I'm wrong, but when one is saved, they do have God's Spirit in them). I see it as a reaction to when God's presence, which I think is there anyways, but can be more "concentrated" or something. Like, by really seeking Him, we can be more "in tune" with Him, and thus sometimes have such reactions.
I do think that in some churches, places, etc, people will fake it, often without knowing it. Like a bandwagon or mass hysteria sort of thing.

Sorry if this is a confusing post, it's hard to put this into words. I do however see what this woman is saying in her video, despite that I do believe it CAN be legit, in a way.

Totally with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
Wilkins



Number of posts : 54
Age : 28
Location : Aus
Registration date : 2009-04-26
Points : 3568

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Hero wrote:
If one rebukes another without love, his attempt is vain and hides dark motivations. Rebuking harshly is one thing, mocking others is another.

How will God use someone to rebuke others if this person has no love for them? It's simple, God just won't use them. And their rebuking will be everything but Holy. Exactly like in this video.

Now, given such a drastic claim of her "not loving", I demand evidence supporting this. That's a huge claim to make about somebody you don't know. I see you defending people (particularly Hinn) with the "you don't know him" statement. But, you don't know her, so how do you know she is not being loving and doing it out of love? Statements demand evidence mate.

I see nothing but love and desire for Truth in this, so do others mate Smile Maybe it is you who are in the wrong? How do you discern?


MetLHed4GZus wrote:
btw she is completely wrong on tongues, I'm not going into detail right now though. I'm not getting in this debate right now, I don't feel like it right now

Nah bro, you never do. You make bold statements and never are willing to back them up or go the "whole 9 yards" in defense of your claims. Either go all the way, or get of the freakin' path bro, and don't even enter the debate.

Hero wrote:
CorpulentCripple wrote:
I am subscribed to her videos actually. Nice woman, who really Loves the Lord, Hates Sin, and loves Sound Theology.

Consider this, what makes someone love God or not? How can you say this or that person loves God?
Of course, we can't out of any doubt pretend anything that is in a man's heart because we do not see men's heart. However, by the Fruits of The Spirit, we can determine if one is "divinely legit" (e.i. with good motivations, led by The Spirit) or not.

When loving others, you show your love for God because God loves us all equally. Now, if one is "weak spirited" and follows false doctrines that, if we take this situation, leads to incoherent "babbler" and "electric" reactions. Assuming those things would be completely wrong and God would not endorse them, would He mock them? Would He mock those who lack the wisdom to enlighten their hearts and act according to His Will? Without a doubt, He would NOT.

Being able to pull scriptures from the Bible out of your head because you know them by heart is not a Fruit of The Spirit. However, Love is. And again, in this video, there was absolutely no love.

This video is not "divinely legit".

Yeah hey Smile Oh, I do apologise if my reactions are "harsh" or "unloving", I do have a lot of time for you nowadays, bro. You're a champion, love ya to bits mate. Just so we get this clear hey. I'm not how I was on the old FS, all angry etc. God has actually done a work in my heart etc. But yeah, friendly opposition? Smile

As for the topic at hand, I do demand how you come to such a decision regarding how she is "not divinely legit", and how do you determine that the video has "no love". Can you, a person determine this? Remember (quoting you from various discussions before), it is only between the person and God, right? So, lets see how you make the conclusion of her "no love" video.

Why? Is it because you don't like it? Is it because you don't agree? Is it because your ears are not tickled? Tell ya the truth bro, MOST of the Bible doesn't tickle my ears, I don't like it, but I have to submit to because it IS THE TRUTH.

Hero wrote:
CorpulentCripple wrote:
why would God slain someone in the spirit who isnt living for Him?

Being slain in The Spirit is not a gift, it's a reaction. It's not something you earn. It's the way you react when The Power of God penetrates your soul. Why would God penetrate anyone's soul? To make them feel loved, to heal them, etc. We know God loves us at all times, whether we feel it or not. But who says God can not make us literally feel it once in a while?

Oh I have no doubt that many people fake being slain in the Spirit. But, generally, it is legit.

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Yes, being slain in the spirit isn't necessarily earned per say, though you must be heavily seeking God to be touched so radically

So, lets do the "vica versa" trick on this... So, if I am not constantly slain in the Spirit, does that mean I am not heavily seeking God? Oh, back up with scripture bro! 3/4 of my thoughts daily atleast are about the things of God. People have said to me that I think about God more than almost anybody on Earth (quite humbling actually), but that doesn't mean/guarantee I'll be "slain" (oh, slain = dead. even linguistically, the term makes no sense).

Hero wrote:
Not necessarily. When God's presence get's so thick. Whether you like it or not, whether you want to or not, you react. Our bodies do not act toward God according to our minds. If you know what I mean. God is so Holy, whenever He's in the place you'll react. But it's gotta be really, really thick. The cases shown in this video are heavy cases. It isn't always so "electric" lol.

The bible says no man can see God and live. Why so? Because we are sinners and God is so Holy. Like the purest of lights who would disintegrate your flesh if it was physically in contact with it. It's a "normal, natural, logic reaction".

If no man can see God (Himself, in all His Glory) and live, it would make sense that when His Spirit is working in you, your body reacts. Because the spiritual affects the natural. The heavenly realms in which demons and angels are when roaming the Earth is like, if you will, a fourth dimension. And we could argue about that too, but let's stay focused on this very topic.


I feel God a lot. Because I've got the Spirit inside of me (Galatians 3:2)

Galatians 3:2-3 (New King James Version)

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?


Ezekiel 36:24-28 (New King James Version)

24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

...but I do not run around like an epileptic or a dude convulsing and acting like fish out of water. It may happen, but an exception rather than the rule. Don't deny this, but this sort of thing (the aformentioned behaviours) are kinda enforced by Pentecostals. I've experienced it, I've witnessed it and I've heard it from others. Like the "soft pushes" from people such as Hinn (an example) etc.
Back to top Go down
BryneVampyr

avatar

Number of posts : 250
Age : 51
Location : Utah
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3618

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:55 pm

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
mazzie wrote:
It's not impossible to fall without trying to catch oneself.
it's extremely hard though, I sure can't do it, it either has to be an actuall fainting or the spirit. Now I do think whatever that Benny Hinn stuff I've never seen, taht looks kinda overboard....but I'm not the judge of course, it could be real.

Actually...it isn't hard at all...especially if there are people to catch you and you know that. They do trust exercises in team building seminars where a person falls back and has to trust that they will be caught. It is a common group exercise to do and people do it all the time.

In a church service where it is a common thing to fall back, there are people who catch those who fall and sometimes, they even have blankets to put over them. (I have seen this in several services) If one has the expectation of being caught, then falling wouldn't be hard at all. That doesn't mean that it is always fake, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people do fake it...or get themselves worked up so that they will fall. Either because they want the experience or because they want to look more spiritual. It happens. On the other hand, I am certain that it isn't always faked or a result of worked up emotions. I am certain that sometimes it is a genuine response to being touched by God in some way.


Quote :
Yes, being slain in the spirit isn't necessarily earned per say, though you must be heavily seeking God to be touched so radically

Why do you think that? God can reveal Himself to anyone, and anyone can be radically touched to the point of having a strong reaction of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit   

Back to top Go down
 

Interesting Video on the Holy Spirit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com