Calvinism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:47 am

I think the question of free will is quite simple.

Only God can possibly have Complete free will. Because having Complete free will makes you God.

think about it.. for awhile..

Us lower beings, like angels or man.. have a certain amount of free will.. enough to possibly choose certain turns in the road that we were already placed on, via fate. But I don't see any concept of us having Complete Free will as logical , plausible or remotely possible when measured with even the most general of Christian doctrines.

Does this make God evil? Sure.. why does God have to be Good?

See.. the very thought of judging God as Evil.. means that you are declaring yourself Good.. and denying God as the Only Good.. as Christ taught.

Once you are able to accept both Good and Evil from God.. than you may begin to understand what Good and Evil actual are.

That is the greatest test of this life. To be able to accept both Good and Evil ( misfortune, loss, tragedy) from God, witout denying Him and even Loving HIm is God regardless.

If you can get beyond that test.. then you will be like a sword of fire in His hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

We have free will but are limited in terms of the identity principle.

A is A. We cannot change that. We are human.

Is what you are saying that because we are unable to change our human identity, we do not have complete free will?
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism   Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:43 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
I think the question of free will is quite simple.

Only God can possibly have Complete free will. Because having Complete free will makes you God.

think about it.. for awhile..

Us lower beings, like angels or man.. have a certain amount of free will.. enough to possibly choose certain turns in the road that we were already placed on, via fate. But I don't see any concept of us having Complete Free will as logical , plausible or remotely possible when measured with even the most general of Christian doctrines.

Does this make God evil? Sure.. why does God have to be Good?

See.. the very thought of judging God as Evil.. means that you are declaring yourself Good.. and denying God as the Only Good.. as Christ taught.

Once you are able to accept both Good and Evil from God.. than you may begin to understand what Good and Evil actual are.

That is the greatest test of this life. To be able to accept both Good and Evil ( misfortune, loss, tragedy) from God, witout denying Him and even Loving HIm is God regardless.

If you can get beyond that test.. then you will be like a sword of fire in His hand.

I'm going to quote this post now and address it tomorrow. There are so many theological errors (as well as viewpoints that are heretical in nature) within this post that it would take a significant amount of time to address them all. Time which, sadly, my tiring brain will not permit me to use at the present time.

In the meantime brethren, I ask you to carefully examine the post you made, and see if it lines up with the Word of the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Wilkins

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 am

ROMANS 9, EPHESIANS 1 QUOTE IS IMMINENT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calvinism   

Back to top Go down

Calvinism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Theology-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion