BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Of an urgent nature (Cousin)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Vide
PostSubject: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Prayers are needed in this family badly.

Back last December, my 21-year old cousin was taken into the hospital for heart failure as a result of a rare disorder that caused her to be born with a heart that was not 100% developed. She was back in earlier this month for similar reasons. Her heart was "booted" back up both times.

She went back in last night due to liver problems, and the doctors have determined her heart is failing on her (as in, "point of no return" failing). They've got a heart for her, and they are planning a heart transplant within the next 48 hours, possibly as soon as tonight.

Grandma is hysterical, I don't even want to know how Grandpa is right now. There is no word from her end of the family (probably would put grandparents to shame with the hysteria), and my end is BEYOND distraught. As my brother is currently at school, he doesn't have a clue what's going on for now, but that'll change really fast in about 2 hours.

Dad's looking at going up this evening to be tested for blood type and to donate blood if we can. God willing, we'll see her before she goes in. That's all I want. Whether God takes her or not, all I ask for is one time to see her.

I'll try to keep you informed, but it may be difficult given the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Praying for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Guys, scatter this as well. Facebook, twitter, myspace. I don't care who, I don't care how, but we need it really bad down here.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

YOu got it atac.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Sure thing, Bryan.
Back to top Go down
TheBeastSlayer

TheBeastSlayer

Number of posts : 2165
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 pm

On my band page right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/themasterofawesomeness
Riverrat

Riverrat

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:07 pm

praying dude.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

As mentioned before, they have a heart for her. At last update just before noon today, they will be taking her to Emory to have the transplant done.

Before that though, they're running 4 tests on her to determine how bad off she is and what the odds of the heart taking will be. This morning she had already done two, and will be doing two more this afternoon and going into tonight/tomorrow. Its possible she may be able to come home and go back at a later date to have the transplant done.

Keep us and her in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Rotout

Mr. Rotout

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Sure thing man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engarniainc
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Will continue to pray.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 am

Wow, things could be looking up - will keep her in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Update (excuse the typos. On the iTouch)

I'm down at st josephs hospital and they were in the process of moving her to icu when we arrived. Got to see her for about two minutes and she was I good spirits despite the condition she is in. They were going to discharge her today, but she has a fluid buildup last night and her blood pressure was bottoming out while we were eatin dinner in the midst of bring en route this evening. So she will be in here until after the transplants. The docs are saying one to two weeks in icu while waiting for a heart. Apparently they do not have one for her at this time. After that time, they may have to discharge her if they don't get a heart. They still have one more test to run and will probably do it sometime tomorrow morning.

This is all I have for now. I was considering staying with the other family members in the waiting room overnight, but the lord has commanded me to leave with my parents when they do unless either side offers me opportunity to stay. Regardless, I'll pass on my cell phone number to one of them and ask them to call me if they have any updates (i'm the lone nighthawk of this family so I can get and relay information more quickly if anything happens overnight). continue keeping us in your prayers. I'll update whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:28 pm

I hope she gets well.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Talking to my cousin's brother right now, and he wanted me to inform you that for those of you who are on Facebook, there is now a foundation group set up for her that you can access below.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=333911776606

There will also be a site set up for donations in the near future. I'll post that link here when I get it. Updates will be given on the group page regularly, but I will re-post them here for those who cannot access it as soon as I find out about them.

One last note for those who are here. I know there are a few wild people here that may have facebook. Bear one thing in mind.

The group is monitored very strictly. If you were to put one toe across the line, you will be banned from the group. I will get your name, I will pass it off to board administration, and it is very possible you may be permanently banned from this board as well. No one tolerates misbehavior or cruelty in a time such as this. No one in this family will do it to you if you were going through this ordeal, so we expect and demand the same from you.

Consider this your one and only warning.
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey guys.

I apologize for not updating regularly on here or Facebook. Things have gone to hell in a handbasket in recent days.

Grandfather was admitted into the hospital this morning with chest pains.

My eldest dog has stage 4 cancer and is not doing well today. Threw up, isn't eating much, and isn't as bouncy and anxious as she was last night. The skin on the tumor is trying to split again, and we almost couldn't control it the last time it happened in October.

Had two friends lose relatives to cancer since 3/1, and a third friend has a grandmother undergoing surgery today to stop a threat of a heart attack.

My dad was laid off from his job on Monday.

Other friends are dealing with a great deal of depression.

I have been dealing with issues of worry, and my anger (which is normally tamed) has been sparking a lot recently due to these issues as well as a misbehaving dog. Profanity within the head has been occurring a little more frequency, but the amount its used is low because I'm not one to curse now. Of course, being a human, susceptible to sin, I have fallen into sin as a means to escape, rather than fall upon the Lord for comfort.

There is good news out of all of this though:

1) My dad's layoff won't hurt us because he's kicking off his own business
2) Due to the income he took in last year, it will be easier for my brother and I to obtain federal loans to pay for school (that we don't have to pay back)
3) My cousin had surgery last week and an LVAD was implanted (which is a second heart so to speak). Besides dealing with an erratic heartbeat over the weekend, she came through it all beautifully, and is probably going to be out of ICU this weekend, and heading home late next week, providing things all go well.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Prayed for you, and for everything you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of an urgent nature (Cousin)   Of an urgent nature (Cousin) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Of an urgent nature (Cousin)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion :: Prayer Request & Praises-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com