BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

building a studio, and i need YOUR help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vandor

vandor

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-08-05

building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Vide
PostSubject: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 pm

yeah. i do.

i just recently invested about $1,200 on what is going to be the start of my recording studio
(i'm eventually expanding and collaborating with garry brents [s.a.l., parabstruse, cara neir, bunrage] into a full studio, in our own building... and you should come give us business when it's finished, but i'll save that for another thread)

money is, as i'm sure all of you know, limited. i don't have much of it after buying my microphones, and i still have to buy a few more mics, a new drumset, a decent amp/cab setup, and eventually a better computer. i'm trying to keep costs low by sale-searching, and buying used...
so, here's where the kind folks of bb step in:

building a studio, and i need YOUR help. 2u8xo3c

that's right; i need soundproofing.

YOU (yes, you) can help me, in my quest for music, by collecting as many of these cardboard cup holders as you possibly can and sending them to me (along with whatever else you think might help me, as well....free CDs, t-shirts, non-perishable foodstuffs, etc).

it shouldn't cost much to mail them, and with the satisfaction of knowing that you've helped a poor and sullen soul, what more could you ask for? if anybody is willing to help, just PM me for my address once you think you have enough. Smile

also, if anybody has any cheap, used gear or other crap (that i can use) that they want to get rid of, let me know!!!!!!!!?
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Might be easier to just hi-jack some of those at McDonalds than to have everyone you know mail them in. Just sayin...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:15 pm

except, i don't think orchestrating a heist in order to obtain some drink holders would be the most viable option.

i'm going to go around and ask restaurants if i can have them. i need at least 1,000 of these things, and i doubt i will get very far very quickly by myself.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I work at arby's. Maybe I could slip you some. PM me your address.
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll be on the lookout. Soundproofing is insanely expensive.

I rarely have enough money to order more than one drink, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

We should donate some money to Elan so that he may order more than one drink at a time.

Have fun drinking empty calories Wink
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

ELAN wrote:

Ask for a water (or 2) with your order. That should work. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
Architeuthis

Architeuthis

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Do egg cartons work as well?
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Architeuthis wrote:
Do egg cartons work as well?

i'm hoping egg cartons will work, yeah. i'm actually taking anything that is oblong and made of cardboard, foam, or rubber.
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 pm

olias wrote:
I work at arby's. Maybe I could slip you some. PM me your address.

pm'd

major thanks if you send me some, haha
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:16 pm

olias wrote:
We should donate some money to Elan so that he may order more than one drink at a time.

Have fun drinking empty calories Wink

lol

elan would be getting free studio time at my place, so any help with this soundproofing would be helping elan save money and produce more music for your delicate christian ears.
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm

ELAN wrote:

lol, don't even buy anything. getting one at a time would take forever. just go in and say "hey, i need a bunch of this crap for a school project...my graduation depends on it."
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:57 pm

blackearth wrote:
ELAN wrote:

Ask for a water (or 2) with your order. That should work. Cool

lol just go in and ask for like 30 cups of water. that should get you about 7 cup holders.
Back to top Go down
edgecrusher

edgecrusher

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:58 pm

can you say call carpet install companies and ask to rmove the old carpet foam and carpet from them. It normal is free and worth while! Sure you do not want the smell of one's toes, cat or dog droppings, etc, but free is free!
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

edgecrusher wrote:
can you say call carpet install companies and ask to rmove the old carpet foam and carpet from them. It normal is free and worth while! Sure you do not want the smell of one's toes, cat or dog droppings, etc, but free is free!

ahahahaha... yeah that will be a good idea if i can find some free, clean stuff
Back to top Go down
ELAN

ELAN

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm

vandor wrote:
edgecrusher wrote:

ahahahaha... yeah that will be a good idea if i can find some free, clean stuff

You would have to saturate the entire thing in an immense pool of Lysol or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm

just bleach it lol.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
edgecrusher

edgecrusher

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 pm

free is worth anything to me! A friend of mine did the same thing to their main recording room!
It is good!
Back to top Go down
Metalcps

Metalcps

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

I used to work for a carpet company and when ever we would get done with a job they threw away all the new carpet scraps in a big dumster out side i think, i would check with any carpet company that has scrap carpet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: building a studio, and i need YOUR help.   building a studio, and i need YOUR help. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

building a studio, and i need YOUR help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Music Discussion :: Musicians Lair-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com