BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
bah, working out is too much work, I prefer to chill in front of my tv with a coke and snacks watching action flicks and listening to demonic black metal Grim Banger

Switch action flicks to Hannah Montana/other Nick and Disney shows/UFC/Law and Order: SVU, and take the demonic away and you'll have what I used to do... Razz hahahaha....

I worked out intensely yesterday with a 3x10 workout on squat and bench and 3x5 on the power clean. I can't even lift my arms and my legs are as stiff as a board. I'm gonna have to do something because tomorrow's weight lifting clas is at 7:45 and we're gonna lift AND then go run around the track and up and down stairs. It's really hard for an obese guy like me with asthma and all, but if I take my inhaler before I actually feel really good. I love working out now, hahahahah...

Anyway, to answer Hguol's question he asked on the last page. Between 7 and 10 hours a week. (about an hour 2 or 3 times a week for lifting class (the class is longer that an hour, but I subtracted some time for rest periods, changing times, etc.) and usually 45min to 1hr 1/2 a day walking, jumping rope, jogging, playing football (the nongirly type, hahahaha. JK!!), jumping on the trampoline, and anything else that's fun and physically active. Some days I feel like doing a whole lot, while other days I walk 30 minutes and stop due to different factors. Hahaha...

I'm not the most consistent guy in the world, but I do make sure to get up and do something every day.
Back to top Go down
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:28 pm

I like going to the gym to work out. Haven't done it at all over break, but I'll start back up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

So I've ripped 2 or 3 pairs of boxers in the last few days, and until today I had no idea why, until I realized it was because my thighs have gotten so big from doing squats. I'm currently at 315x4x10. Gonna try to go up to 405 this week.

I've also gotten up to 225 on bench press.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 pm

That's great Tallerthanatree! How many reps of 225 do you do per set?

I've been working with 295lbs on the bench. I can only get 6-7 reps the first set.... last set is like 4-5. >_<' It's heavy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm

4, but I only got 2 sets.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:40 pm

started up again last week! Very Happy

feels good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
4, but I only got 2 sets.

That's still really good.
Keep it up! Keep moving forward!

I remember when I could press that much. I stuck with 225lbs until I could get 5 sets of 10.

...then I threw 245-255 on there, and started out against with 3-5 reps.... I stuck with that until I could get 5 sets of 10. Repeat, repeat!
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

YUSSSSSS!!! I did it!

I maxed out and got 365lbs! I'm so pumped!

Here's what I did for my entire workout today. I started approximately 4pm and finished about 6:15-6:20pm. This is all free weights by the way.

Warm up bench 155lbs, suicide grip - 7 reps VERY S-L-O-W-L-Y.
One rep of 365lbs on the bench press. Spotters did not assist at all! I GOT IT!

1st set of bench 295lbs - Got 7 myself, spotter road with me to get 10.
Curls: 1st set of 10 with 70lb dumbbell, right arm, then left
Shoulders: 1st set of 16 with 65lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 1st set of 30 with 40lbs. Right arm, then left.

2nd set of bench 295lbs - Got 6 myself, spotter road with me to get 10.
Curls: 2nd set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, left arm, then right.
Shoulders: 2nd set of 15 with 70lb dumbbell.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 2nd set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

3rd set of bench 295lbs - Got 5 myself, spotter road with me to get 9. (getting tired!)
Curls: 3rd set of 10 with 70lb dumbbell, right arm, then left
Shoulders: 3rd set of 16 with 65lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 3rd set of 30 with 40lbs. Right arm, then left.

1st set of incline dumbbells - 15 reps with 80lb dumbbells
Curls: 4th set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, left arm, then right.
Shoulders: 4th set of 15 with 70lb dumbbell.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 4th set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

2nd set of incline dumbbells - 13 reps (getting tired!) with 80lb dumbbells
Curls: 5th set of 15 with 40lb dumbbell, right arm, then left.
Shoulders: 5th set of 15 with 65lbs.
Popeyes (wrist curls) 5th set of 30 with 40lbs. Left arm, then right.

3 sets of 10 reps barbell pullovers - with 155lbs.

(done with weights! -_-' PHEW!)

Abwork:
100 jackknifes
100 Lower ab Pilates
100 jackknifes
100 Lower Ab Pilates
300 "side ups" (targets love handles) - 150 left, then 150 right.

5 minutes to stretch both hamstrings

I don't know what they're called, but a bar behind my neck, arms extended and twist. Works abs and lower back.
100 of those.

Some cardio machine at the highest resistance for like 5 minutes.

Soundtrack blaring in the gym while working out. (played the entire albums)
SudAkra - Crógacht
Tartaros - The Grand Psychotic Castle
Nokturnal Mortum - Голос Сталі

I had a great workout today!!!! This is a pretty typical workout - the only thing not typical is the soundtrack.

Last edited by Hguols on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Wow that's nice!

I'm bad girl...haven't worked out in a week..yikes!

I'm gonna start again tomorrow and I've been doing mostly cardio to get rid of the excessive fat. I do some weight lifting...mostly bench press, leg curl, crew pull, lateral pull, and some free weights but just 10-15 pounds.

I'm so seriously out of shape it's sad lol.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Awesome! How much can you bench Mazzie?

My spotter, who so happens to be a woman, is a stout little thing!

I've spotted her (and she didn't need me) and she can do 3 sets of 10 with 65lbs... free weights.

She's maxed out at 95lbs. Pretty good for a girl, but she was in the military.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 pm

I love workin out. It's so addicting.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Sometimes I take a break from my anime and black metal to microwave a hot pocket. Does that qualify as "working out" or "exercising"?
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 pm

I love hot pockets!!!! so your a winner just for eating them.

I ride my bike a couple times a week and walk a few times a week- so an hour each time I do so, no point doing anything unless you sweat.

Used to go to the gym a while back for a few years, I miss the arms and stomach etc I had... was nice... planning on getting them back this year!
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 am

Quote :
I'm gonna start again tomorrow and I've been doing mostly cardio to get rid of the excessive fat.

Strength training is way more effective for getting rid of fat than cardio.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 am

Tallerthanatree wrote:

Bingo.

Targeting certain areas works best. Obviously, if I wanted a more trim stomach, it wouldn't do me a whole lot of good to start running, push-ups or dead lifts. I need to do ab work.

I've seen flabby armed girls that walked, rode bikes, etc.

....most girls that hit the bench have nice solid arms - even if they don't push a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

Bingo.

Targeting certain areas works best. Obviously, if I wanted a more trim stomach, it wouldn't do me a whole lot of good to start running, push-ups or dead lifts. I need to do ab work.

I've seen flabby armed girls that walked, rode bikes, etc.

....most girls that hit the bench have nice solid arms - even if they don't push a lot.

S'all about the free weights! Banger
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm

My job makes a couple hours in a gym look like a walk in the park. Thus, I don't need to exercise or work out. Nutrition ad eating right are my challenges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:24 pm

If only I could ride a bike Sad

Then I'd be doing some great cardio....
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:53 pm

lean and musclular is better than being bulky and muscular, in my opinion.. there's some guys like that I work with..

Also, bigger muscles doesn't always mean Stronger. I have worked with plenty of bulky muscular guys that I found out fast I am stonger than.. even when I was like rail skinny.

Also if your lean muscle.. and less bdoy fat.. than you are not lifting and carrying around all the extra weight... so what weighs 100 lbs for you.. might weigh 140 lbs for a guy who si carrying around 40 lbs of "bulky muscle and fat".

But the real thing that make someone strong is their level of health. IF you are really healthy and in shape.. you will be stonger..have more endurance and evenmore brute strength than a much larger ..not as healthy, not as in shape, person.. who you might think would be stronger..

I think it's sad all the addiction their is out there among people who are obsessed with working out.. to look a certain way... through shoveling in supplements that makes them constipated.. generally run down and burns out their adernal glands.... leading too many diseases.
Back to top Go down
Usvart Jorge

Usvart Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Hey Ash, I hope you don't mind me asking, but which type of work do you do?

Also, you're right about the bulky guys. They make look big and strong, but most of the time they're just big.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
lean and musclular is better than being bulky and muscular, in my opinion.. there's some guys like that I work with..

Also, bigger muscles doesn't always mean Stronger. I have worked with plenty of bulky muscular guys that I found out fast I am stonger than.. even when I was like rail skinny.

Also if your lean muscle.. and less bdoy fat.. than you are not lifting and carrying around all the extra weight... so what weighs 100 lbs for you.. might weigh 140 lbs for a guy who si carrying around 40 lbs of "bulky muscle and fat".

You're right that bigger muscles doesn't mean stronger.... but wrong about "lean muscle" and wrong about "strength".

I knew a local guy that was a college football player trying out for pro. He thought he was in the best possible shape he could be, with 1% body fat. He went to their physicals and they said his body fat index was WAY too low - and put him on a massive weight gain diet.

Sure lower the body fat, the better / more tone you look, but the greater the injuries. I'm not talking about "fat padding" from impact, but just muscle damage period. There are other things as well. Shot putters, hockey players, weightlifters, football players, skiers and bobsledders may actually benefit from moderate levels of body fat, as the increased weight can aid force production without hurting speed or endurance levels.

What's average body fat? 15-20% for a man. A little higher for a woman.

Strength doesn't necessarily mean just force. "I can move this, and you can't move this. I'm stronger than you." is a very ignorant statement. Technique is just as important in about anything requiring muscle use. With technique comes a honed strength skill.

One of my friends, I can bench more than him, curl more than him.... basically anything in the weight room, I can do more than him. ....but he beats me in arm wrestling. Now, my muscles aren't that much bigger - he's a muscular guy as well. ....but I have more experience / better technique / muscles tuned into lifting than he does.

....just like him and arm wrestling, his muscles are more tuned into that specific thing than mine. I don't feel bad losing to him though. He's a 6 time state arm wrestling champion and has smoked people a lot stronger than I am.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

Kamerad Ash

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Quote :
Sure lower the body fat, the better / more tone you look, but the greater the injuries. I'm not talking about "fat padding" from impact, but just muscle damage period.

Well..not really. Sure, if you are emaciated.

Having studied biochemistry a bit.. injury susceptability is caused by other fators than just not having enough fat. You also need enough healthy fat.. to think, have energy.. metabolise sugars.. and on and on.

But everyone has different levels of hormone production.. and it;s hormones a well as genetics that can determine how fast you recover from injury.. or how suysceptible you are to injury. If you have really low levels of estrogen and it's metabolites.. like estradiol... you can get fractures... muslel strains and pulls.. and broken bones very easily. but at the same time if you have to high levels of estrodial, you can't build as much msucle.

Professional athletes know this.. hence the huge use of steroids and non prohomone steroids.. like aromtase inhibitors and serms ( selective estrogen re-uptake modulators ).

It is so foolish to mess arond with the roids though.. they boost their testosterone through the roof.. which also boosts estrogen production... and then when they cycle off of the testoserone.. theyhave too take estrogen blockers, inhibitors or antagonists.. all fo which are dangerous drugs. Doing this for long enough.. and before you know it.. your gonna look like something Frankenstein created out fo bits and pieces.. haha.

Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:
Having studied biochemistry a bit.. injury susceptability is caused by other fators than just not having enough fat. You also need enough healthy fat.. to think, have energy.. metabolise sugars.. and on and on.

But everyone has different levels of hormone production.. and it;s hormones a well as genetics that can determine how fast you recover from injury.. or how suysceptible you are to injury. If you have really low levels of estrogen and it's metabolites.. like estradiol... you can get fractures... muslel strains and pulls.. and broken bones very easily. but at the same time if you have to high levels of estrodial, you can't build as much msucle.

Professional athletes know this.. hence the huge use of steroids and non prohomone steroids.. like aromtase inhibitors and serms ( selective estrogen re-uptake modulators ).

It is so foolish to mess arond with the roids though.. they boost their testosterone through the roof.. which also boosts estrogen production... and then when they cycle off of the testoserone.. theyhave too take estrogen blockers, inhibitors or antagonists.. all fo which are dangerous drugs. Doing this for long enough.. and before you know it.. your gonna look like something Frankenstein created out fo bits and pieces.. haha.

You're right, there's much more to recovery and damage prevention than just having enough fat.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:
My job makes a couple hours in a gym look like a walk in the park. Thus, I don't need to exercise or work out. Nutrition ad eating right are my challenges.

what do you do?
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 am

I am training right now so that when I go into the army I will be able to do whatever they need me to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com