BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:23 pm

pyramid viking
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 pm

bah, working out is too much work, I prefer to chill in front of my tv with a coke and snacks watching action flicks and listening to demonic black metal Grim Banger
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 am

Yesterday I benched 190 forty times (4 sets, 10 reps per set), then did 200 five times after that, so I'm pretty pleased with that. I try to work out 3-5 times a week.
Back to top Go down
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 am

metalgrinch wrote:
bah, working out is too much work, I prefer to chill in front of my tv with a coke and snacks watching action flicks and listening to demonic black metal Grim Banger

That is why you have girl trouble my friend! A New Year is here go get herself a gym membership and start working out. Razz Hot, Sweaty Women - what could be better? tongue Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 am

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Yesterday I benched 190 forty times (4 sets, 10 reps per set), then did 200 five times after that, so I'm pretty pleased with that. I try to work out 3-5 times a week.

you need to sort out that system.. theres no build up..

you need to do...

HAVE TO DO THIS IS KG AS I DONT KNOW POUNDS...

"warm up - 10kg" 12 reps
"set 1 - 20kg" 12 reps
"set 2 - 22kg" 10 reps
"set 3 - 24kg" 8 reps
"set 4 - 26kg" 6 reps
"set 5 - 28 kg" 4 reps...

then when it gets easy to do that.. put up every set by 2kg...

then you have a constant flow of build up and you can see the difference..
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 am

Tallerthanatree wrote:

That's really good my friend! Definitely above average! How much do you weigh?
Is that on a machine (boo!) or free weights? (yay!)

I used to do 5 sets of bench all the time, but I break it down to 3 sets of bench, 2 sets of (incline) dumbbells. I try to mix it up with different weights, at least as far as bench. My first is always 275lbs, to warm up. After that, I might throw on 295 or 315.... I can't get 10 unassisted, but a spotter riding with me I can get those last couple to make it 10 reps.

That's all just chest though. I've got a curls, wrist curls (popeyes) and shoulders sets as well.

....then abs, then cardio. ^_^

Jim wrote:

you need to do...

"warm up - 10kg" 12 reps
"set 1 - 20kg" 12 reps
"set 2 - 22kg" 10 reps
"set 3 - 24kg" 8 reps
"set 4 - 26kg" 6 reps

Jim, that all depends on what he's wanting from working out. If Tallerthanatree wants to get cut (tone), he's lifting just right. If he wants to get stronger or move up, he needs to pick a weight of something he can only get a handful of. It makes sense - if you want to lift heavier weights, you have to lift heavier weights.

If you want some serious gain, throw on a weight you can only get 3-4 of by yourself, (for me, that's 315lbs) and have a spotter help get you get some added reps and some negatives! ....and stick with that weight (and others) until you can get "lots of 10's", then move on!

I'VE NEVER done a pyramid system. They certainly work, but I'm proof they're not a requirement.
^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

I used to do 5 sets of bench all the time, but I break it down to 3 sets of bench, 2 sets of (incline) dumbbells. I try to mix it up with different weights, at least as far as bench. My first is always 275lbs, to warm up. After that, I might throw on 295 or 315.... I can't get 10 unassisted, but a spotter riding with me I can get those last couple to make it 10 reps.

That's all just chest though. I've got a curls, wrist curls (popeyes) and shoulders sets as well.

Jim wrote:

you need to do...

"warm up - 10kg" 12 reps
"set 1 - 20kg" 12 reps
"set 2 - 22kg" 10 reps
"set 3 - 24kg" 8 reps
"set 4 - 26kg" 6 reps

Jim, that all depends on what he's wanting from working out. If Tallerthanatree wants to get cut (tone), he's lifting just right. If he wants to get stronger or move up, he needs to pick a weight of something he can only get a handful of. It makes sense - if you want to lift heavier weights, you have to lift heavier weights.

If you want some serious gain, throw on a weight you can only get 3-4 of by yourself, (for me, that's 315lbs) and have a spotter help get you get some added reps and some negatives! ....and stick with that weight (and others) until you can get "lots of 10's", then move on!

I'VE NEVER done a pyramid system. They certainly work, but I'm proof they're not a requirement.
^_^

and me and my best mate are proof it does! lmao...

heres my best friend, hes still into training...

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Taken_14th_Jan_1_
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Hguols wrote:
Tallerthanatree wrote:

Jim wrote:

you need to do...

"warm up - 10kg" 12 reps
"set 1 - 20kg" 12 reps
"set 2 - 22kg" 10 reps
"set 3 - 24kg" 8 reps
"set 4 - 26kg" 6 reps

^_^

and me and my best mate are proof it does! lmao...

heres my best friend, hes still into training...

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Taken_14th_Jan_1_
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Yes! That person is definitely tone and in shape! ....no doubt, they're strong as well!

I'm not the most tone in the world, but the strength and size is there, as well as some reasonable definition.
Heh, minus the HUGE gut, I've got the build of a quarterback.

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Me3a Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Me1a

I'm not normally on fire in person though.
...normally. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Hguols wrote:

Thanks. I weigh 190-ish, and they were free-weights.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm

I had a friend of mine in the army state that a measure of if a man was strong, was if he could bench press his own body weight 10 times.

You're strong my friend!
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

what is the best thing to do for a gut?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I do jackknifes (because its more the whole stomach than crunches) and pilates (for that lower low abs). I do some situps on my sides as well, for love-handle-control.

I think, however, one of the most important things I did to shrink my gut was cutting the starches, cheesecakes, and sodas out of my diet.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm

awww. Because i am getting a real gut for the first time evar.

DO NOT WANT.
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

325ad wrote:
metalgrinch wrote:

That is why you have girl trouble my friend! A New Year is here go get herself a gym membership and start working out. Razz Hot, Sweaty Women - what could be better? tongue Just sayin.

I have my own ways of keeping healthy that doesn't involve becoming a meathead. Besides, I can't, I've got physical issues (which I won't go into) that deter me from becoming some gym guru.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm

You don't have to be a meathead. Although having muscles can't be a bad thing can it?
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 pm

I want a girl to want me for my mind! gooby

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
I want a girl to want me for my mind! gooby

lol!

theres a limit bro... lmao

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Cat_man2
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Hguols wrote:
I had a friend of mine in the army state that a measure of if a man was strong, was if he could bench press his own body weight 10 times.

You're strong my friend!

rawr
Back to top Go down
Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 am

I want to start working out again, but I don't really like doing it with other people around...
I guess I just need to get past that.

When I stopped last, I could do about 230lbs dead lift. Should start again and keep at it!
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 am

I clear the gym when I lift.... at least in regards to new people. (the music I play is probably a part of that as well) I kind of wish I had other people to work out with.

People that are "brave" enough to stick around find I'm friendly.

....but I take it as a compliment when some of my past spotters have said "You lift a lot for a white boy who's never been to the joint!".
Back to top Go down
Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Well, I'd love to have someone to go with, it's just all the other people that I don't want there Smile
When I do start, my focus will be on getting rid of excess fat, before I start to worry about gaining muscle.

My last attempt didn't really do all that much, as I was split between wanting to gain muscle and loose fat.

What would your recommendation be, for me. How much I weigh is not something I care about, mainly just fat percentage.

Lifting three days a week, and try to put in as much cardio as possible, and eat well?
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Hguols wrote:
Yes! That person is definitely tone and in shape! ....no doubt, they're strong as well!

I'm not the most tone in the world, but the strength and size is there, as well as some reasonable definition.

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Me3a Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Me1a

...normally. ^_^

If you weren't a Christian do you have any idea what you could DO with that build? I guess it's a good thing I don't look like that... or I'd be like Cool and girls would be like affraid and I'd be like What a Face and we'd both be like Mad Mad Mad and later on I'd be like dance
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
Hguols wrote:

...normally. ^_^

If you weren't a Christian do you have any idea what you could DO with that build? I guess it's a good thing I don't look like that... or I'd be like Cool and girls would be like affraid and I'd be like What a Face and we'd both be like Mad Mad Mad and later on I'd be like dance

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well, in my brief several year history of abusing certain chemicals which I was dependent upon, (although I never did 'roids) my criminal specialty was "Battery". (a couple domestics, even a felony aggravated - putting my hands on people in not a feel good manner.)

....but I haven't hit anyone since 2005! God in my life once more and being sober made all the difference.

Now I have all these muscles to give excellent hugs. (no, not Christian side hugs)
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm

um.... i wasn't talking about doing drugs... gooby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com