BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:23 pm

so..... you're not going to max out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 am

I might sometime just to see what I can do, but for now I'm going to stick to adding weight systematically.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Just squatted 305 and benched 245.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Just squatted 305 and benched 245.

Sweet deal!

My normal spotter is aiming for 205lbs. for a max.
He can A-L-M-O-S-T get it himself...
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:06 am

It's not a max record, but I got a 10 rep set of 295lbs myself. ^_^

Movin' on up!
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 am

Ugh, volume day today.... Gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Whoa, I've lost 3 inches off my waist.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Hguols, I cant help but notice you're enormous. How much do you weigh?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Tallerthanatree wrote:
Hguols, I cant help but notice you're enormous. How much do you weigh?

Well, I'm 5'10" sans footwear.... and just weighed myself a couple days ago.

245lbs. (250lbs with the necklace)

For a while I was 235-240 but I'm slowly gaining weight.

I'm ok with this because it's not going to my waistline.
As soon as my 36" waist pants get to be a little on the snug side, I'll be cutting calories.

Last Saturday I put my body weight on the bench AFTER my workout was done, just to see how many times I could get it..... so total on the bench, it was like this via reps myself.

275 x 10
295 x 10
315 x 6

245 x 17

^_^
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't like working out. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but I'm too lazy. Once it get started, I wanna keep pushing, but it's that initial push that I hate. lol
ANyway, I don't know a lot about working out,. like free-weights and stuff. I usually do push-ups, and crunches in my room, then I run. I don't really care about being big, I only want to do well on the APFT, Armyu physical Fitness Test. As many push-ups as you can in 2 minutes, as many sit-ups as you can in 2 minutes, then run 2 miles as fast as you can. And I ALMOST maxxed out my scored last time. I did 73 push-ups, 82 sit-ups, and ran my 2 mile in 12:43. Pretty good, if I do say so myself! lol Sadly, I ave runner's knee right now, so I can't run. Sad

Lately though, since I'm on the radio in the morning, I HAVE been using a set of free weights in the studio. I have 10 lb. wieghts, and I do:
Bicep Curls x15 on each arm
SHoulder Presses x15 on each arm.
upright rows x15
Overhead Tricep Extentions x15 on each arm
Calf raises x20 while holding both.
and Not sure what they're called, but hold the weight at my side, then extend my arm out to the side x15 each arm.
So, all you workout-guru's any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:26 pm

5"10 and 245? Nice. I'm at 215 right now, and I'll probably stick around here for a while. Wouldnt mind weighing 230 one day, but its not really a priority at the moment.

Quote :
So, all you workout-guru's any suggestions?

Squat.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Sounds like you're pretty fit there Jake.

Getting big wasn't really my intention, but I'm quite addicted to the endorphins I get from heavy weights. ....which is better than what I used to be addicted to.

Not only that, but I've got a big frame and appetite.

As far as workout suggestions, it all depends on what you want. If you want to tone, lots of reps. If you want to get big or push heavy weights, push heavy weights / low reps. It's all about targeting as well.

Crunches just work the top half of the stomach's abs. I do jackknives and Pillates to get the whole stomach, not to mention separate exercises for the obliques.

I take caution in my workout. I know I lift big, but its all pretty fluid in motion and moderate in progression. Running is good for you, but 30 years of running will tear up anyone's knees or back.

Speaking of back, being that I have scoliosis, narrow spinal column and a history with bulging discs, heavy free-weight leg/back lifting is out of the question for me. Moderate squatting is actually better than not squatting at all though.

I tend to more or less dead-lift my pullover weight between sets - which is currently 165lbs, about to be bumped up. I don't do reps, but I carry it around a bit.
That's enough.
Back to top Go down
SSG Jake

SSG Jake

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:10 am

Great. Yeah, toned is pretty much what I'm going for. That routine i mentioned above, that was one rep, with 25 push-ups in between. I usually do about 4 of those sets, depending on how motivated I am(like I said, I'm inherently lazy! Razz ) NO OFFENSE, but I don't really like the whole "BIG" look. I prefer lean and toned, which is pretty much what I got, but I'm trying to trim down the sides a hair, and get some definition in my abs. Purely for vainity purposes! Very Happy
Hey, speaking of Obliques, what do you reccomend for those? And, if there's any that don't require a whol lot of space(so I can do them in the booth) that would be cool, too.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:12 am

No offense taken! Not everyone has the frame or desire to be big.

As for obliques, I do something similar (though not exact) to what this woman is doing here:

Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 0607_obliquevup_200x200

I keep my legs still however, and move more of my sides, letting my arm on the ground do some pushing. (and I'll do like 200 of them. That used to be a really hot potato, but it doesn't even burn much anymore)

Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Front squatted 200. Not much, but its a PR.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:40 pm

PR?
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Personal record.

Back to top Go down
Stender

Stender

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I just started my own weightlifting program recently to gain weight. I weigh a little over 130 now and my goal is to hit somewhere around 150. I basically just rotate every other day between upperbody and leg workouts throughout the week with a rest day on sunday. I still need to work on the nutrition part. If anybody knows any rad nutrition resources let me know!
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

You'd be much better off doing a routine like this, although I'd recommend doing 3 sets of 5 rather than 5 sets of 5, and substitute 3x5 barbell rows instead of inverted rows.

As far as nutrition, eat a good amount of protein, some healthy fats, and carbs so that your body doesnt use the protein as energy.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 am

I had a great experience in the gym the last few times I worked out. This one fly.... just one... keeps trying to lick me.

I swat at him, again and again and again and again and again and again and he never gives up trying to have sex with me.

Even in front of an industrial fan, trying to keep cool in an un-air conditioned gym. He's holding on for dear life on me. I'm just that worth it.

He never goes away.
He never sleeps.
He's waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

I decided my conditioning was piss poor, so I decided to give Crossfit a go:

http://www.crossfitfootball.com/

The 9 clean and jerks followed by a gasser was brutal.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 am

I bumped my pullover weight up to 185lbs.

I was surprised that I could do 3 sets of 10 yesterday!

....and I'm actually a bit sore today.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I did two sets of 10 on an incline bench with 100lb dumbbells - after 3 sets on the flat bench.

I asked my friend to put them away for me.
My arms were toasted.
Back to top Go down
Napalm Dave37

Napalm Dave37

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 am

i have started a new routine about 3 weeks ago and have stuck to it well. 30 minutes on my gazelle. 10 minutes on my stationairy after breakfast every morning 40 total. then during the afternoon every otherday all of my cleaning and laundry adding up to about an hour or 2 depending on if the kids are over. on alternate days a 3 mile fast walk once in the afternoon and once around 7pm. this routine has been working well for me. it has helped my blod pressure tremendously and helped my sleep as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Hguols

Hguols

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:24 pm

NapalmDave))) wrote:
i have started a new routine about 3 weeks ago and have stuck to it well. 30 minutes on my gazelle. 10 minutes on my stationairy after breakfast every morning 40 total. then during the afternoon every otherday all of my cleaning and laundry adding up to about an hour or 2 depending on if the kids are over. on alternate days a 3 mile fast walk once in the afternoon and once around 7pm. this routine has been working well for me. it has helped my blod pressure tremendously and helped my sleep as well.

Sounds great Dave! Yeah, I sleep much better with physical exercise in the equation as opposed to sitting in an office chair all day.

I did want to mention one thing - exercising after a meal is hard on the heart, cause blood goes to help your stomach address the food.

....I didn't know how long the 10 minutes on a bike was after breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here work out or exercise?   Anyone here work out or exercise? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anyone here work out or exercise?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: General Chit Chat-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com