BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Resident Evil 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Yea I know this game is a bit old but I recently got it for 20 bucks on Black Friday at Best Buy and while I've been hearing lots of mixed reviews I gotta say I'm enjoying it just as much as I did RE4.

The atmospheric thrills and chilling music that there was in the old RE games (particularly RE1 and 2 on the PSone way back when) are pretty much gone, instead replaced by a more action-oriented game to the likes of Gears of War and Dead Space.
The biggest thing I hear about this game's flaws are the controls, and that they aren't fit for a modern day action game, but for what RE4 was, RE5 carries on the tradition well and I'm loving playing it through. There's nothing like getting a brand new weapon and getting a clean headshot off some mutated guy or killing some weird giant insect.
Sheva, your A.I. partner, is never annoying or hard to manage, but is good at taking care of herself and has saved my butt on several occasions.

The graphics are amazing and the sound effects give the games lots of realism and "oomph!"

Anyone play through this? What did you think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

I own this game as well and I love it personally.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:06 pm

100%'d the game...

so aweomse!!

got it 1 days after it came out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:53 pm

ITS RACIST
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 am

metalgrinch wrote:

Sheva, your A.I. partner, is never annoying or hard to manage, but is good at taking care of herself and has saved my butt on several occasions.

I strongly disagree. Sheva has taken years off my life.

Minus that, easily one of my favorite games.
Back to top Go down
FireProphet

FireProphet

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 am

Yeah what's with people whining about the controls? It's not that different from 4.
I got it for the PC on clearance at a Target for $13, so awesome. I haven't unlocked everything yet but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm

UNLIMITED SHOTGUN AND MAGNUM AMMO

I'm playing through it on veteran now.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Silent Hill>Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Stender

Stender

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 am

I drove to my local fred meyer at 7 am to pick this up launch day...haha. Rad game, didnt live up to like 1 and 2 for me but resident evil is probably my fav gaming franchise besides castlevania.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resident Evil 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5   Resident Evil 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Gaming Zone-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com