BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-11-16

GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Vide
PostSubject: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 am

It was the Holy Diver tour, Oct. 24, 1985 @ Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN. I was seated about 45 feet from the stage… up on the left just a bit… really good seats. By the way–just as an aside–I was 18. I had been raised in Church, but I was in no way living for Jesus at this time. I was HUGELY into the whole metal scene–partying, etc… Okay, back to the story… I had really enjoyed the show up to this point. Ronnie and the band broke into Heaven and Hell… and in the middle of the tune they sort of broke things down to a cool bass and drum groove thing. Ronnie talked over it… he told a story… it was all about the classic angel on one shoulder and demon on the other –tugging at your heart. It went something like this… He kind of talk-sang it… “There’s a little black ship down below me… and it said, ‘Come with me and I will give you desire.’” The crowd cheered and the mood of the music shifted – it became celestial and heavenly sounding… Ronnie continued, “There’s a little white ship up above me, and it said, ‘Come with me, cause I know just what to do.’ But I said, ‘Go away! Cause I’m gonna burn in hell with all of you! And you! And you!” (as he pointed at various sections of the arena)! AND THE CROWD WENT WILD!

I just sat there. I was stunned… it really jarred me! All I could think was, “Unt uh buddy! Not me man! You can go there if you want to–but I’m not going with you!”

I didn’t commit my life to Christ right then an there… but God definitely used that moment to get my attention and set some things in motion in my heart. That moment woke me up to some very important spiritual realities and forced me to deal with them–and the end result, about 18 months later, was that I totally surrendered my heart to Jesus and never looked back!

THE WORD:
Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the princes of Moab. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the LORD stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, she turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat her to get her back on the road. 24 Then the angel of the LORD stood in a narrow path between two vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat her again. 26 Then the angel of the LORD moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat her with his staff. 28 Then the LORD opened the donkey’s mouth, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?” 29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.” 30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?” “No,” he said. 31 Then the LORD opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown. (Num. 22:21-31, For the entire context read Numbers 22:1-35)

THE CHALLENGE:
God can speak to us through ANYTHING—whatever it takes to get our attention—a Dio concert, a donkey, or _______ you fill in the blank.

What’s going on in your life right now? What circumstances are you facing? Do they have you soul searching? Are you seeking God through them? Has anyone shared words of encouragement, challenge, or insight with you lately? Did those words have an impact on your heart? How might God be reaching out to you today? I promise, if you give Him your attention—you’ll be blessed by what you hear Him say.

Metal Blessings,
Pastor Brad
www.guitarjams.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.guitarjams.net
againsttheantichrist

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

I don't wish to start a debate with this question, but it's one worth asking.

It's true God can work through anything, but is it logical (not to mention biblical) to say that He can work through Satanic music? (Especially music from bands who would love nothing more than seeing the King of Kings kicked off His Throne and annihilated).

EDIT: The question is more for Pastor Brad than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 am

good question bro...here's my initiial thought...

God used Satan himself to fulfill his plan of redemption...

When Christ came to earth---it was the work of Satan (in the hearts of men) that nailed him to the cross... thinking this was the defeat of Christ... but we all know how that worked out! Very Happy

Yup--God can take the nastiest, most vile things this world can throw out there--and use them for good... amazing eh?

Now---I'm not saying that to advocate that we all go out and buy explicitly hellish music that glorifies evil.... not at all... Now that I am surrendered to Christ---I have zero desire to fill my heart with that kind of trash.... but when I was lost---God used even Dio to reach out to me... I'm just saying that in His svereignty, God can take things that are meant for evil and use them for good. Praise Him!
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Good answer, Brad. Smile

I'm really excited to see you here on the board and I really dig your devotional. Will it be a regular thing or one time thing? Would be cool if you do like weekly or something.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey Mazzie... thanks....

It will be a regular thing... but not weekly... more like monthly... I write these devos for my website www.guitarjams.net ... and --- so far--- for one other online magazine: www.kingdomextrememag.com So, whenever I get one completed---I'll post them here too. :-)

I would love to syndicate these in every metal publication on the web! If you know of any let me know and I'll contact them. badger

Blessings,
pb
www.guitarjams.net
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 pm

i definately needed that devo this am,pb! maybe details another time! just saying that i am praising the lord for his timing in reading that today! keep in touch and of course,cant wait to meet you on your big day in history! lol! blessings,me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad   GOD CAN USE ANYTHING!  A metal devotional by Pastor Brad Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GOD CAN USE ANYTHING! A metal devotional by Pastor Brad

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: Pastor Brad-
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com