BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Vide
PostSubject: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/holy_soldier.htm

Quote :
The following statement about Holy Soldier is from the website: nolifetilmetal.com...

It's a shame that the footage of Holy Soldier playing Zeppelin's "Rock n' Roll" with Larry Farkas and members of Neon Cross couldn't have been included. That would have been something to see.

Led Zeppelin's "Rock-n-Roll"? Is this the kind of music that any professed Christian should imitate, reproduce and promote? Led Zeppelin is one of the most Satanic bands ever spawned by Satan.

Gotta love that free publicity. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
Sutekh

Sutekh

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm

I was just listening to Zeppelin yesterday, when I suddenly had the urge to sacrifice my cat to the devil. The music made me do it!

But seriously, it's a page about Holy Soldier which mostly criticises their look and doesn't even address minor concerns like lyrics -or indeed context. It's mostly an anti-Zeppelin rant, which seems to be more of a preoccupation for the author. I can't think of anybody who had pierced lips and a punk listening to Holy Soldier anyway...

I could tell them how Holy Soldier helped bring me back to God and convicted me of my need for Him, but I don't think they'd believe me. In fact, they'd probably say I wasn't saved at all. Very sad, really, but they're not going to change any time soon.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Impulsively, I wanted to lash at many things the author(David J. Stewart) wrote but won't. This is an age old problem between people that don't understand the generation of music and people that embrace it.

Instead I will quote Robert Plant, "all we wanted to do was share music that made people happy".

Led Zep's music has always made me happy or cheered me up. And for that I am grateful.

Holy Soldier's earlier stuff has meant alot to me spiritually. They were TRUE metal ministers and pioneers. Steven Patrick had a burden on his heart to share the gospel between songs during their shows.
Back to top Go down
325ad

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:05 am

These kind of Christians makes the rest of us look bad. The funny part will come when are in heaven rocking out at a PG rated version of a Sturgis type event. These fudy dudy types picking their jaws up off the ground will be priceless!
Back to top Go down
mystery

mystery

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 am

zepplin really is one of the most evil bands ever, but their music is dank so i dont really care.
Back to top Go down
vaterflaumig

vaterflaumig

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 am

I just went through the main website for that link and I just got angry. So much phariseeism in that it is insane. This stuff drives me crazy. How can people be so quick to judge and condemn stuff just because of the way that it sounds. I just feel like punching a stuffed animal of sorts.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:19 am

i heard from a mutual friend..that after seeing my picture of Ultimatum...mind you just the picture...said this "i dont see Christ in this"!!! wow! same person has a real problem with the band playing in bars and nightclubs! if we are to reach the lost;do we play in churches? no,we reach them where they are!!! thats why i as a promotional manager want to this band to promote "Lex Metalis"! secular metal? of course,that is merely songs that the band loved growin up however,it is BAIT to attrach the non christian and then bring the set home with the christian thrash metal we know the band best for.i have no problem with this at all!! fully support it.i see the above mentioned band doing the samething.satan has owned the metal world for so long;we as the christian metal musican must do all we can to get the message of christ out there.but,its sad to see us be so misunderstood by even christians that are going to judge us for our looks,sounds and playing in such establishments! this goes back to our other thread bout the review in HM.we are misunderstood even by the christian community! my final comment is that satan must know that jesus is commin back soon and he knows he is losing and doing all he can to come up against all of us! we must remain strong and steadfast and not wavier from our commitment and goal and that is the great commission.saving souls and that is the focus and goal of the christian metal musican.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/postivepromotions
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site   Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Nolifetilmetal gets quoted on that kooky jesus is saviour site

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com