BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bible Study Disscusion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Bible Study Disscusion Vide
PostSubject: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 pm

post things you find in your bible studies here for advice on interpretation/or just to discuss it with other members

what does this verse mean to you and do u think it is trying to say not to pray for things? it has me somewhat confused...

when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Last edited by yepimonfire on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jbmetalhed
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:16 pm

yepimonfire wrote:

when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

This is the key, God knows what we need. He's not going to listen any more just because we drone on and on and on and on to Him about what we want. It's not telling us to spend less time in prayer, or to keep things short and sweet, but simply that God isn't persuaded by long fancy essays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:25 pm

i see plus i also have seen evidence of needs and wants being met without asking recently i moved into a new house (well me and my family) and we had no furniture beds, or anything we needed and no money to get them (at the time we had just moved from indiana to massachusetts very long story and had been living in a motel room for a few months) within 3 days of being here some guy offered us an ENTIRE house of furniture appliances etc we got more then we could ever imagein a funny thing is i remember a few days before this happened my mom saying she wished she had some plant hangers to hang three plants that she had the guy gave us some assorted stuff including exactly three plant hangers i also mentioned just out of randomness i wished i could afford a sound system, the guy ended up giving us a 5000 dollar sound system along with the stuff. the reason he gave all this away was because it belonged to his parents which had recently died and they wanted him to give the stuff to a family who needed it. point being my family since as long as i can remember has always been taking care of by god even tho most of our lives money has always been extremly tight some how some way we end up getting all of our needs and wants met beyond expectation many times without even asking
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 pm

God is good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

indeed.
Back to top Go down
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[b]drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. 16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

17"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

what does this mean?
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

metalgrinch

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 am

The 'Lord's Prayer' or 'Our Father' (depending on your background) is basically a "summation" prayer that covers pretty much everything we need to know and believe as followers of Christ.

1 - reverence to God - "Hallowed by thy name"
2 - acknowledgement of only HIS will - "thy will be done, on earth as in heaven"
3 - thankfulness and prayer for daily life - "give us this day our daily bread"
4 - Forgiveness - "and forgive us our trespasses"
5 - Forgiveness/relationship/love to others - "as we forgive those who trespass against us"
6 - fighting the flesh - "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"

It's not saying to not pray for things because, like I said, it covers all things. My translation is a little different, i'm typing from memorization as I was raised Catholic and we pretty much prayed this every day.... as we SHOULD aside from our regular prayers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
Munkey

Munkey

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm

metalgrinch wrote:
The 'Lord's Prayer' or 'Our Father' (depending on your background) is basically a "summation" prayer that covers pretty much everything we need to know and believe as followers of Christ.

1 - reverence to God - "Hallowed by thy name"
2 - acknowledgement of only HIS will - "thy will be done, on earth as in heaven"
3 - thankfulness and prayer for daily life - "give us this day our daily bread"
4 - Forgiveness - "and forgive us our trespasses"
5 - Forgiveness/relationship/love to others - "as we forgive those who trespass against us"
6 - fighting the flesh - "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"

This.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/acadianametal
wizardovmetal

wizardovmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:30 pm

read my last post thats what i need help with now
Back to top Go down
Autumn_Spring

Autumn_Spring

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:18 pm

onfire, please could you give me where this passage is from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study Disscusion   Bible Study Disscusion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bible Study Disscusion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com