BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xmas what is it really?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Xmas what is it really? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 pm

To be honest, I feel that Christians need to celebrate Christ 24/7/365 instead of just limiting it to days that do have Pagan Origins. Yes, celebrate Christ on Easter and on Christmas (just don't be like the Heathens), but celebrating Christ should NEVER be limited to those days only.

One great question, do those who put up mangers, put it up for a holiday, then get rid of it, or do you leave the manger 24/7?

I ask, because when you think about it, we put so much emphasis on certain days, that my question becomes, Where the hell is the rest of the 364 days?

If anything, the one thing I do agree with Winterband is we shouldn't dedicate 1 day for all this celebrating. Christ himself never stated for us to celebrate certain holidays. Instead, we should always constantly celebrate because as many put it, every second you have is a blessing.

Winterband: You do know there are verses other than Acts 2:38 that tell you in one verse about salvation correct?

Ephesians 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Then of course the ever popular John 3:16.

Man, do I honestly wish people post by chapters instead of verses, since verses alone can mean anything. This is how people distort the Bible to preach whatever they wish.
Back to top Go down
mazzie

mazzie

Number of posts : 5090
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 pm

I agree Death....chapter is more context based than verses which is easily manipulated.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:38 pm

As an extension of Death's post, I'd like to say that I find it odd that so many self proclaimed Christians get bent out of shape over the whole Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Keep Christ in Christmas/You get the picture.

I think we SHOULD keep Christ in Christmas, but they get so angry about it, and yet do they extend that righteous anger to the rest of their lives? Probably not. I am not saying this to anybody on the BB in particular, but sometimes we can be hella hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Xmas what is it really?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com