BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xmas what is it really?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mystery

mystery

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm

symbolism has more power than you think.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

Number of posts : 632
Location : The Inner Sanctum known as my Insanity and Damnation
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:57 pm

olias wrote:
I personally see no problem with the Christianization of pagan holidays and practices.

Unblack metal, anyone?

Actually, Unblack metal is the epitome of why Christians should never Christianize pagan holidays and practices. Not only is unblack such a horrid rip-off, but they put out some of the worst music you can ever listen to. Unblack metal is more of a parody/blasphemy than the most Satanic of the Satanic black metal, just because of how horrible and contradictory it is.

Now, if we were talking about Black Metal that has Christian lyrics though, I have no problems with it, as long as it's good and they don't try calling themselves Unblack. I will not listen to Unblack, but I will listen to Black Metal with Christian lyrics if it's good. My problem is, most bands call it unblack, and even worse, the music sucks, plain and simple. There are a few gems out there though who don't call themselves Unblack, like Slechtvalk.

Now, as for the Christianization of pagan holidays and practices in general, then I guess there is no difference between Jesus Christ and Gods like Baal and Moloch afterall. I guess it is true then why people don't like Christianity. It really is nothing more than another Pagan/Heathen faith. Just goes to show you Christianity is the biggest contradiction on the planet then. Have fun trying to convert the Pagans where they have absolutely no need or form to need to change, since they already practice Christianity!

JeffdlS wrote:

Heck, even Christian metal.

You kind of can't really even do that since metal originated from Christianity albeit not from Christians per say. We already know of the root with blues, classical music, and African hymns, but even Black Sabbath had to pay tribute to Christianity for it's inspiration. I'm not talking about just the song After Forever either. If it weren't for Christianity to begin with, then there would be no metal much less Christian metal either.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:01 pm

^^^ how can you say you dont listen to "unblack" metal, but like "black" metal with christian lyrics!

its the same bloody thing! i must say adding the letters u+n doesnt make them a rubbish band! its just a genre...
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Its all semantics anyway, I am just calling it like it is. Good post Jim Smile
Back to top Go down
winterband

winterband

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Semantics can matter when words mean things, except, of course for certain exceptions but that would just be semantics.

Here are some words for a Xmas metal song .

No rest ye merry gentlemen
yet some things your dismay
Remember little whatshisname was born on Christmas day
The Mithra worship will abound as Satan has his way
and the tidings of credit card woe, credit card woe
They'll have tidings of credit card woe...

Bro. Winter
Back to top Go down
http://www.winterband.com
eternalmystery

eternalmystery

Number of posts : 730

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Death over Life wrote:
olias wrote:
I personally see no problem with the Christianization of pagan holidays and practices.

Unblack metal, anyone?

Actually, Unblack metal is the epitome of why Christians should never Christianize pagan holidays and practices. Not only is unblack such a horrid rip-off, but they put out some of the worst music you can ever listen to. Unblack metal is more of a parody/blasphemy than the most Satanic of the Satanic black metal, just because of how horrible and contradictory it is.

Now, if we were talking about Black Metal that has Christian lyrics though, I have no problems with it, as long as it's good and they don't try calling themselves Unblack. I will not listen to Unblack, but I will listen to Black Metal with Christian lyrics if it's good. My problem is, most bands call it unblack, and even worse, the music sucks, plain and simple. There are a few gems out there though who don't call themselves Unblack, like Slechtvalk.

Now, as for the Christianization of pagan holidays and practices in general, then I guess there is no difference between Jesus Christ and Gods like Baal and Moloch afterall. I guess it is true then why people don't like Christianity. It really is nothing more than another Pagan/Heathen faith. Just goes to show you Christianity is the biggest contradiction on the planet then. Have fun trying to convert the Pagans where they have absolutely no need or form to need to change, since they already practice Christianity!

Oh. My. God. Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 786961

This post is exactly why I cannot stand black metal anymore. Form a black metal project, sound like a copycat ripoff of Xasthur or Darkthrone, write the same exact anti-christian/satanic lyrics are 98% of the other bands, and get praise and recognition and claims of being "original". Form a black metal project, try to do your own thing (as in not recording music that sounds like a lo-fi version of white static on a TV set), yet decide to put Christian or any kind of non-satanic, non-hateful lyrics that actually have meaning that people can at least benefit from, and get called a sheep, a conformist, a non-original, and get accused of ripping off bands like Darkthrone or Dark Funeral even when those bands aren't even among your influences.

Don't even kid yourself into thinking that black metal is this hugely great form of audible art that is completely original. You can't possibly get more conformist than the black metal scene. Nearly 30 years of the SAME LYRICAL CONTENT, the same closed minded sheeple that have not progressed in life or musical innovation one bit and blasts anyone who dares to attempt that unspeakable thing called progress.

This post, with all due respect, is ridiculous. If a band calls themselves unblack, you say you won't listen to them, but if they cease using that title and call themselves "black metal with a different message (i.e. Christian)", your ears are wide open, as if the label they use for their music has any bearing at all on actual musicianship. I think that 'unblack' is a dumb term too, but you won't see me blasting a band simply because they call themselves that. If you are gonna blast a band, blast them because of the music, and not because of what they refer their style to.

I have seen black metallers personally, headbang and enjoy unblack/christian black metal, not knowing that the band is Christian. Then once they find out that the band is Christian, they piss and moan about how crap the band sounds, when just prior to them learning this information, they were enjoying it and talking about how good it sounds.

The only thing the black metal scene gets from me is both my middle fingers waving sky high in their general direction. I just cannot see this scene surviving for more than 6 to 10 years from now. Even Varg Vikernes, the bad boy of the scene himself, hates the black metal scene now, and trust me, THAT is saying something.

As for Christians "ripping off holidays", that is a load of junk. No Christians ever "ripped off" pagan holidays at all. The reason Christmas is a holiday is because PAGANS converted and decided to celebrate with something they could relate to because they didn't want to be bored while everyone else partied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eternalmystery.co.nr
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Just to clarify, the BM sound isn't inherently bad, just the fans that make it suck.
Because if that is the case then I agree.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Jim wrote:
^^^ how can you say you dont listen to "unblack" metal, but like "black" metal with christian lyrics!

its the same bloody thing! i must say adding the letters u+n doesnt make them a rubbish band! its just a genre...

To begin, the post was more about the Christianization of Paganism that I was trying to get, I just decided to use “Unblack” as the prime example.

With that being said, it is the whole concept of it in addition to the current subject why I made that post.

Now as for the “unblack” thing, since you don’t know my views on it, I shall inform you. Imo, “unblack” is by far the worst and dumbest thing to have ever happened to the black metal genre. I refuse to call black metal with Christian lyrics “unblack”. Black Metal is black metal, no matter what the lyrics. Black Metal is NOT not black metal. (un means not so saying you like not black metal sounds ridiculous) So, in my views, when one want’s to separate the black metal from the rest of it because of it’s lyrics, they are attempting to create a new genre which really isn’t necessary. It shows off that Christians are better than the non-Christians to the point where they feel ashamed to be lumped together with the black metal, creating their own holier than thou club if you will. Christians are supposed to reach out to non-Christians, not ridicule and discriminate against them. With some of what has been said, this is why if you call black metal, “unblack”, then why should I allow someone to contradict themselves? Why should I give them a chance if they don’t like giving non-Christians a chance?

The Christian bands who respect non-Christians and call the music as it is (Black Metal), they are going to be the ones I’d rather listen to or at least give a chance. This whole “unblack” metal thing many Christians do is one of the biggest problems I have with today’s Christianity and many Christians.

As you said it yourself, “unblack” is a genre. It is a genre based off of not wanting or liking being called Black Metal. My question is, if you don’t like being called a black metal band so badly, then what the crap are you doing making black metal sounding music? Go get your own sound instead of ripping off black metal, doing a much worse job of it, then calling it unique and original.

I hope you see my views on the word “unblack” and people who call black metal “unblack”. None of this at all was towards you Jim, just informing you and hopefully clarifying any confusion my post may have caused.

olias wrote:

If you were calling it like it is, you wouldn’t have called it “unblack” metal.

EDIT: To Broc, I may make a more elaborate reply to your post, but I hope you understand I was trying to get this in relations to Christianizing Paganism. I hope this post will clarify the "ridiculous" post. I even admit if you don't already know what I think, it does look ridiculous! Just as I think calling Black Metal "unblack" is ridiculous. It wasn't even the whole genre thing, it was what calling Black Metal with Christian lyrics should be called discussion.

Last edited by Death over Life on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Death over Life wrote:

olias wrote:

what you mean just Black Metal? Its the same thing man.
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:24 pm

olias wrote:
Death over Life wrote:

olias wrote:

what you mean just Black Metal? Its the same thing man.

Pretty much. Black Metal, Christian Black Metal, Black Metal with Christian lyrics. I hopefully explained above what "unblack" means to me and why I despise that title so much that it has caused an inadvertant debate/hijacking of a thread about Christianity/Paganism Holidays. Still atm making a post to Broc's reply, but I think it would be best to take that subject to another thread and go back to Christmas having Pagan origins.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 pm

i dont really care about that pagan christmas talk anyhow. So yeah. Just giving my .02
Back to top Go down
Death over Life

Death over Life

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 am

eternalmystery wrote:

Oh. My. God. Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 786961

This post is exactly why I cannot stand black metal anymore. Form a black metal project, sound like a copycat ripoff of Xasthur or Darkthrone, write the same exact anti-christian/satanic lyrics are 98% of the other bands, and get praise and recognition and claims of being "original". Form a black metal project, try to do your own thing (as in not recording music that sounds like a lo-fi version of white static on a TV set), yet decide to put Christian or any kind of non-satanic, non-hateful lyrics that actually have meaning that people can at least benefit from, and get called a sheep, a conformist, a non-original, and get accused of ripping off bands like Darkthrone or Dark Funeral even when those bands aren't even among your influences.

I don’t know what black metal genre you were a part of, because I have not even come close to what you have just said. I have in fact only experienced that in the Christian department. It was mainly in the Christian music where I got crap in plastic/paper form and it get praised to high Heavens all only because it was “Christian”. I’m sorry, but outside of a couple bands like Kekal, I have yet to hear anything original or creative from the Christians. (And Kekal being Christian has been debatable actually) Even when I first got into it, I’ve been reading all these posts on how Horde is very similar to Darkthrone. I’m sorry, but what Black Metal bands are you talking about? I’m sorry once again, but I’ve seen your claims from the Christians, not the non-Christian Black Metal. You tell me that, even when all the anti-Christian/Satanic bands aren’t even speaking of that subject at all and going into many different subjects, or even going into fantasy, yet I see nothing but more of the same for the Christians, shows me I can’t really take this rebuttal seriously.

To begin, this is opinionated, but the extreme majority of the Christian Black Metal lyrics really make me embarrassed to call myself a Christian. None of the lyrics are really even well written (sans for a couple bands like Antestor). The Christian lyrics tend to be the plastic always happy love flowers lyrics that really make Christianity look like a joke, not like a True Genuine Faith. I like how you have spoken that non-Christians can’t write meaningful lyrics. Once again, how can I take you seriously?

eternalmystery wrote:

Don't even kid yourself into thinking that black metal is this hugely great form of audible art that is completely original. You can't possibly get more conformist than the black metal scene. Nearly 30 years of the SAME LYRICAL CONTENT, the same closed minded sheeple that have not progressed in life or musical innovation one bit and blasts anyone who dares to attempt that unspeakable thing called progress.

Judging from the above and this, I can tell you are talking about the Christian music since once again, if you actually explored the genre like you claimed, you would come across an entirely different answer than that load of a quote. (With all due respect.)

From another perspective, it sounds to me like you are around the immature people, not those who actually care about the stuff. I don’t know who you hang around with, but the people I’m around are not the close minded sheep that it seems you hang around with. My people actually care about the music and progress. They don’t have a problem with unique or original music.

eternalmystery wrote:

This post, with all due respect, is ridiculous. If a band calls themselves unblack, you say you won't listen to them, but if they cease using that title and call themselves "black metal with a different message (i.e. Christian)", your ears are wide open, as if the label they use for their music has any bearing at all on actual musicianship. I think that 'unblack' is a dumb term too, but you won't see me blasting a band simply because they call themselves that. If you are gonna blast a band, blast them because of the music, and not because of what they refer their style to.

It is not the label for musicianship, it is what the label represents to me. As I’ve spoken on a post you didn’t see when I made the post, I was speaking more in terms of what the topic at hand was. “Unblack” means something entirely different for me than what it does for you. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t listen to bands for labels, I listen to bands for music. I do what you said. I hope I explained above my views of the “unblack” terminology on my last post.

eternalmystery wrote:

I have seen black metallers personally, headbang and enjoy unblack/christian black metal, not knowing that the band is Christian. Then once they find out that the band is Christian, they piss and moan about how crap the band sounds, when just prior to them learning this information, they were enjoying it and talking about how good it sounds.

I apologize you were around hypocrites and immature black metal “fans”. Those kind of people tend to get made fun of by many others rightfully so. The people I’m around are far more open minded than that.

eternalmystery wrote:

The only thing the black metal scene gets from me is both my middle fingers waving sky high in their general direction. I just cannot see this scene surviving for more than 6 to 10 years from now. Even Varg Vikernes, the bad boy of the scene himself, hates the black metal scene now, and trust me, THAT is saying something.

Your 1st sentence is the epitome of why I made the crap that I made all the way at the beginning. That is the kind of crap that gets my blood boiling, which is the same crap why I went all out when olias said unblack. I’ll be sure not to buy anymore of your music if that is how you are going to show your defense for hypocrisy. You perfectly represented here why I despise the majority of Christian bands and why I refuse to support them.

You have said that, yet the genre (not scene as you put it) has done nothing but thrive more and more and more, and will continue to do so. Sorry to break it to you, but Varg Vikernes is far from the face of Black Metal. Varg Vikernes also contradicts himself in a lot of his views. Varg Vikernes not liking the Black Metal genre today does nothing and isn’t saying anything. I forgive Varg for the sins he has done, but since when did Varg become the “god” of Black Metal and what he says goes? Yes, he helped pioneer the genre, but so has Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, among others like Bathory and VON and Sarcofago and others have taken it to much farther levels like Behexen and Deathspell Omega as 2 examples (not even touching the tip of the iceberg here.).

I admit I do have a sorry knack for wanting the last word, so I hereby apologize for that, and if I came off as an ass, but if you wish to reply to this, then please make a new thread on it, or we can go to pm. I don’t wish for this thread to be hijacked by black metal anymore because of me. So, an apology for everyone on this thread for doing that.

eternalmystery wrote:

As for Christians "ripping off holidays", that is a load of junk. No Christians ever "ripped off" pagan holidays at all. The reason Christmas is a holiday is because PAGANS converted and decided to celebrate with something they could relate to because they didn't want to be bored while everyone else partied.

I apologize, but much of what we have as holidays are Pagan. Much of the entire practice of today’s Christianity is nothing but Paganism. In today’s Christianity, there is NO difference between Jesus Christ and Baal. Why? Because of all the Paganism Christians have NO problems having, despite the fact that Christ has spoken so many times “NOT TO BE LIKE THE PAGANS/HEATHENS!”

Today what is called "worship" and items like "rosary" are 2 examples of this paganism I'm talking about.

olias wrote:
i dont really care about that pagan christmas talk anyhow. So yeah. Just giving my .02

It’s cool bro! Doing exactly the same. Did get a little hot headed I admit. Glad we could discuss. None of this was showing any heat, but I despise that word so much, that we/I sidetracked the thread. Nothing against you, just that is how badly I hate that term.

Funny though, it took a stupid little argument to get the thread moving on posts. Not bashing anybody, but I find that interesting to say the least, especially since this forum has been dead for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
winterband

winterband

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 am

Xmas has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus Christ. It never has and never will. It is not even the right time of year, not eve close. It is the birthday of Mithra a false god.

You can not honor the Spirit of Truth by making a lie.

Bro. Winter
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 am

What the heck does unblack metal have to do with Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 am

The black metal music formula, I think, is why the genre is still alive. Tremolo distorted guitars, high pitched growls/shrieks, melodies to haunt your soul, blast beats, optional synth (to haunt your soul), not to mention enough atmosphere to leave the planet. Some bands can make this formula work, and when it does, its my music of choice.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this preference either.

I can do without all the "forest recording" and drama that the scene has. Probably why I prefer to stick with newer waves of black metal sans the "behind the scenes" crap.

Probably why I stick to what sounds good regardless of why, how or who makes what.

[rant]I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll probably say it more times. I think the "unblack" name is a RIDICULOUS concept. Sure it was a great horde album name, but for an entire genre of music to have a special name, when the only difference is the lyrics and beliefs....

its completely preposterous.

You don't hear blues bands with positive lyrics labeling themselves as "unblues" or "oranges". That's just effin' ludicrous. Its the exact thing with "unblack" metal.[/rant]

This is the God's truth. I celebrate holidays (certain ones) because they mean a lot to my mother. No disrespect aimed toward anyone, but I could care less about Christmas, Easter, Arbor Day, Halloween, Veteran's day, Kashmir Pulaski day, No Wipe Saturday, New Years Day or Eve, International Ninja Day, etc. etc. etc.

Someone wants to commemorate tradition, history - have at it.
Someone sees it as just another square on the calender - I'll join you.
Someone wants to debate over it... that's probably when I'll start saying random things like,

"Look Nancy! Blinding Rain! Sounds! Quiescence and advection-dominated accretion flow!"

"Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin punch Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin Mevin Melvin Melvin"

....and they'll either put me away or leave, either of which will be a relief.

^_^

Last edited by Hguols on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 am

This thread is lulzy.
Back to top Go down
mystery

mystery

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 am

winterband wrote:
Xmas has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus Christ. It never has and never will. It is not even the right time of year, not eve close. It is the birthday of Mithra a false god.

Bro. Winter

there is no time of year listed in teh bible so we set a date..
Back to top Go down
lord voldemort

lord voldemort

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am

winterband wrote:

Bro. Winter

December 25 is most likely when the HS came upon Mary. John the baptist is six months older than Jesus, so he was born around Passover (March/April). Christ was born around the Feast of Trumpets, which would put him between Sept. 10 to 25. Thus December 25 would be nine months prior.
Back to top Go down
winterband

winterband

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

mystery wrote:
winterband wrote:

Bro. Winter

there is no time of year listed in teh bible so we set a date..

There is no Biblical support for celebrating the birth of Mithra.

Of course unless people are real Acts 2:38 Christians, it is moot what they do or what their excuses for what they do are, but....

In his letter to the Acts 2:38 Christians at Rome Paul sayeth:

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Bro. Winter
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

Easter is the most important holiday anyway, because that is [supposed] to be when Jesus rose from the dead. SUPPOSED!!!! just to clarify.

(Bracing for knee jerk naysayers)
Back to top Go down
winterband

winterband

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:53 am

olias wrote:
Easter is the most important holiday anyway, because that is [supposed] to be when Jesus rose from the dead. SUPPOSED!!!! just to clarify.

(Bracing for knee jerk naysayers)

Again see http://www.heathenholidays.com to learn about Eostre.

WARNING!! WARNING!! The little brown things that the rabbits are leaving behind are NOT CHOCOLATE!

Bro. Winter
Back to top Go down
hallowedbethyname

hallowedbethyname

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm

so.....
If you don't celebrate the birth of our Savior on CHRISTmas, or the resurection of our Savior, on Easter -
When do you celebrate the birth and death of our Savior?
-
or are you saying - you don't celebrate the life of our Savior at all ?
Back to top Go down
JeffdlS

JeffdlS

Number of posts : 10442

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 pm

winterband wrote:
WARNING!! WARNING!! The little brown things that the rabbits are leaving behind are NOT CHOCOLATE!

Bro. Winter

Now that's funny there . . . if you don't think that's funny, you need to get outta here ROFL
Back to top Go down
winterband

winterband

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:32 pm

If you have not obeyed Acts 2:38 then Jesus Christ is not your saviour, but rather will be your judge.

You do not honor the Spirit of Truth by defying His commandments and going a whoring with the heathen.

There is no mention in the Bible of the Apostles ever celebrating Xmas or Eostre. The point is that those things are man made lies.

Isa 29:13 ¶Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Matt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Matt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. *
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

I hope this helps...

Bro. Winter
ps: No one will be lost for obeying too much of the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm

^^ so you dont celebrate the birth of jesus? or his resurrection? cause thats the question here
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xmas what is it really?   Xmas what is it really? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Xmas what is it really?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Forum create on Forumotion | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com