BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

moral standards for games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMatt

MetalMatt

Number of posts : 5020
Registration date : 2009-01-31

moral standards for games Vide
PostSubject: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 pm

when palying games hwere do you draw the line?

For me i dont paly games with an overuse of language, inappropriate themes, and absolutely no sexual content
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

therockismighty

Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Its up to you... I personally rarely play them. I have played assassins creed, GTA, Saints Row... all the skateboard, bmx , xtreme games, Halo.

I think when it gets too full on with sex, violence, etc you have to check with yourself " is this really cool to be doing?" and then decide.
Back to top Go down
vandor

vandor

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 am

decapitating all of the women and cops in "grand theft auto" is best when done while on some type of drugs. needless to say, i love it.

i also enjoy the typical h-game such as "sexy beach 3"
Back to top Go down
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 am

I have no limits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic
IronGuardian

IronGuardian

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:56 am

Sword of the Heretic wrote:
I have no limits.

Same, short of full on hentai, sexual simulation, I'm no stranger to extreme games. While there IS a link between violent computer games and violent behaviour, that link exists in those who have trouble detaching theg ames from reality.

I play violent video games, knowing that they are not reality, and that nothing seen in a game should ever be attempted in real life.

Problems appear when people don't realise that.

I enjoy good horror game, although I have trouble playing the whole way through them (I start to get very twitchy and develop trouble sleeping). I don't like horror movies though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
The Last Firstborn

The Last Firstborn

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:36 am

I don't play video games, but horror/violence doesn't bother me at all.
Back to top Go down
olias

olias

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Everything is free game to me, but then games seem a lot more tame than movies. I have never seen anything horrible to an extreme extent that wasn't already done 10x worse in most hollywood movies.
Back to top Go down
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 pm

I dont care.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

Hguols

Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 pm

I was a little surprised to see the boobs and 1 certain sexual situation that I did in God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP.

...but it certainly didn't stop me from play it. I was almost a little embarrassed to play certain areas of the game in public because of that.

With the way things are going, the sexual situations in games will eventually involve priests, animals, children, corpses, fire hydrants and turds.

(though those situations might be directly not involved with each other)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
laurenwrites

laurenwrites

Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 pm

I don't like stuff that's waaaay over the top and compleltely pointless as far as what is going on in the game. But if the game is really good I don't care too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lae1218
Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Really, the only game for me that pushed standards to "immoral" was Manhunt 2 which, if you've seen the uncensored kills, really deserved its original AO rating.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mrwaffles0aninjaiam
Tallerthanatree

Tallerthanatree

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Mortal Wombat wrote:
Really, the only game for me that pushed standards to "immoral" was Manhunt 2 which, if you've seen the uncensored kills, really deserved its original AO rating.

Whoa, those are awesome. haha.
Back to top Go down
Averzaath

Averzaath

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Hguols wrote:
I was a little surprised to see the boobs and 1 certain sexual situation that I did in God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP.

...but it certainly didn't stop me from play it. I was almost a little embarrassed to play certain areas of the game in public because of that.

With the way things are going, the sexual situations in games will eventually involve priests, animals, children, corpses, fire hydrants and turds.

(though those situations might be directly not involved with each other)
Yeah, I was a bit surprised with the first PS2 game, but quiclky became a fan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moral standards for games   moral standards for games Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

moral standards for games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Everything Else :: Gaming Zone-
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com