-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I wish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 am

Sometimes I wish I never came in contact with christianity.
Feels like I'm losing my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
eternalmystery

avatar

Number of posts : 730
Age : 30
Location : Franklinton, Louisiana, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 4153

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:26 am

For what reason do you say this? If anything is giving you problems man, it surely isn't that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eternalmystery.co.nr
Napalm Dave37

avatar

Number of posts : 2420
Age : 38
Location : Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Registration date : 2009-02-08
Points : 5693

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am

maybe as a religion but not God right? I hope thats not what you mean

_________________
Within The DoomeD Drones
http://napalmdrones.forumotion.com

The Mourning Dimension
www.myspace.com/dave80tunes

Within The Torn Apart
www.myspace.com/cbfdib
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:35 am

oh yes, God too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
mazzie

avatar

Number of posts : 5090
Age : 32
Location : New York
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 7746

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am

What is/are the issue(s) do you have with God and Christianity in general? You can PM or send me an e-mail and we can talk.
Back to top Go down
http://mazziereviewmusic.blogspot.com
IronGuardian

avatar

Number of posts : 2271
Age : 29
Location : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 6106

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:10 am

Somethings in our lives would be MUCH easier without God. May not end in a positive long term outcome, but much easier in the short term.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
ELAN

avatar

Number of posts : 952
Age : 28
Location : Connectikvlt
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Points : 4600

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm

It is true, a lot of things would be easier in life without us having our faith.

However, without God, there is only an obliviousness and a complacency that will not serve us to our favor, or anyone else's.

I know it is hard to live as a believer. For example, I personally get spiritually attacked all the time. It's to the point where the other day, I walked home from work as Satan was telling me to kill myself. I simply scoffed and told him I didn't even have anything to do so with, and that he was a fool. I then found a knife on the ground lying before me.

Were I not of the faith, I would not be such a threat to Satan, so he would not be attacking me. I would be living a lot 'easier'. However, 'ease' is so temporal.

Just keep fighting the good fight. I know it is extremely tough at times, but all our hardships in life will certainly be redeemed. We know our Creator for a reason.

If you ever need encouragement or prayer, you can contact me. Same goes for anyone else reading. We're all in this together... you are never alone in your matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 pm

I've thought the same way before Averzaath.

...and spending about 5 years in hell's training grounds, living life MY way, I now realize that I'd go completely insane WITHOUT God.

I won't recommend you try what I did, but actually - it was just the kick in the pants I needed. 5 years was all it took to get that out of my system, and it only cost me everything except my life. (several times over, mind you)

Complacency, self pity, boredom, EXPECTATIONS - thank God these are things I can do something about! Most of which involves surrender and acceptance.

The reward is happiness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

This god you speak off...
been 21 years without, even when I look back at the time that I did call myself a christian.

To me god is dead. To me he never lived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
fatalmoment

avatar

Number of posts : 8
Age : 108
Location : Peoria, IL, USA
Registration date : 2009-08-09
Points : 3338

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 am

Are you a participant? The Christian life I know is "Christ in me, the hope of glory". I don't have to call myself anything. I have to exercise and channel God's Spirit through me doing what Jesus Christ did.

I play metal drums pretty much every day, listen to metal, talk to people who like metal, go to metal shows, etc...therefore, I know heavy metal lives. In the same way, I participate in God's plan of restoration of people by praying for others myself and at prayer meetings, giving charity, participating in social justice things like outreaches and town meetings, read the Bible and figure out what things Christ and His followers were doing (the raw pure original version of Christianity) and get out there and try to do those things, have people in your life to encourage and those that encourage you (probably find them if you go to a church, but maybe online or something.)

In a similar way, I don't have to remind people or myself that I am a man, not an animal. A man takes responsibility to be a strong, creative force that makes the world (hopefully for the good). This way we can see that you and I are made in the image of God, the Creator. I just say this because I know a few "Christian metal guitarists" that don't want to work, don't want to go to school, don't want to go to church, don't want to change, but are angry at God or at being a Christian. We have a welfare nation here in the States. Whatever happened to "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"? Give, and it will be given you. Honour God with your music, school, work, whatever, and it will be given you.

I hope this helps and that you know and share God's love for people more and more. Talk to anyone and best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:48 am

I'm sorry, but I do not intend to post on this topic anymore.
Can't seem to come up with a reply without bursting out into a very emotional response
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
metalmennonite

avatar

Number of posts : 597
Age : 47
Location : South Dakota
Registration date : 2008-11-04
Points : 4011

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Averzaath, when I read your posts, my mind was immediately drawn to this word for you:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1: 9)

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." (James 4: 8a)

This is not a word of judgment, but a word of peace and of love. The Lord cares for you and is near to you right now! You can give Him your frustration and fear, anger and confusion ... even your doubt. He will accept you where you are as you are and lead you to new and abundant life.

"Call to [Him], and [He] will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33: 3).

Praying
Back to top Go down
http://hmcfreeman.org
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Averzaath, do you believe in anything greater than yourself?

This might spark some controversy, but in my opinion, "God" is a one syllable word for something "divine" that is greater than me. Naturally, since this is a Christian based board, its (mostly) the Christian conception. Realistically, if you have 30 people in a crowd, chances are, you'll have 30 different conceptions of God.

I really don't think that "God" will smite those who make an honest attempt to seek Him.

I have a friend that uses "nature" as a six letter word for God. I can agree with this. I believe he has hundreds of names - another popular one is Allah.

I certainly hope you believe in something. Very few people believe that the universe is a cipher that whirls nowhere. ...and there's a damn good reason for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6088

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Allah is the same word for God, only in arabic. Like Dios in Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:43 pm

olias wrote:
Allah is the same word for God, only in arabic. Like Dios in Spanish.

thats not 100% correct really, because if it was a word for OUR God it would be in the bible, but its not its only in the quran
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:46 pm

But anyways! Ephsians 6 ALWAYS helpes me when im fighting the spiritual war..

i have it tattooed on my arm...

Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
olias

avatar

Number of posts : 2399
Age : 28
Location : USA
Registration date : 2009-07-10
Points : 6088

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Jim wrote:
olias wrote:
Allah is the same word for God, only in arabic. Like Dios in Spanish.

thats not 100% correct really, because if it was a word for OUR God it would be in the bible, but its not its only in the quran

No, it is in the bible...the Arabic version. Again it is the ARABIC word for God. I know...I am a former muslim and have studied arabic.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 pm

olias wrote:
Jim wrote:
olias wrote:
Allah is the same word for God, only in arabic. Like Dios in Spanish.

thats not 100% correct really, because if it was a word for OUR God it would be in the bible, but its not its only in the quran

No, it is in the bible...the Arabic version. Again it is the ARABIC word for God. I know...I am a former muslim and have studied arabic.

well i guess u learn something everyday! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
ELAN

avatar

Number of posts : 952
Age : 28
Location : Connectikvlt
Registration date : 2009-01-27
Points : 4600

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm

olias wrote:
Allah is the same word for God, only in arabic. Like Dios in Spanish.

Hence why when questioned, or directly speaking to God, I address Him as Jehovah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elanschambers
The Last Firstborn

avatar

Number of posts : 2576
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6720

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Cool tattoo, Jim.

I feel ya, Averzaath. God doesn't seem to care much about me...
Back to top Go down
therockismighty

avatar

Number of posts : 923
Age : 36
Location : Aussieland
Registration date : 2009-06-14
Points : 4432

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 am

Well, lot of people do not care about me and have demonstrated that, I do not blame God... I blame my poor choice in who I surround myself with and their lack of a brain.

I care about ya averzaath and Jojo, even though its the internet, I have some sort of want for you to know, see and feel ok about you... don't worry about all the crap people spin about you and around you.... Live for the truth, don't take on the junk- even the silly discussions we get into on here.... there is something beneath the surface that is good and true... People mess up the true meaning of of God and His intentions... seek the truth, not religious rules and stupid arguments.
Back to top Go down
Jim

avatar

Number of posts : 1416
Age : 31
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-01-04
Points : 5008

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:18 am

i feel like i need to repeat what Elans was saying.

When you chose the true path of jesus, satan is on your heals 100X more and more, because it screams out to him!

you are despised by him! and he will do whatever he can to make to harder and harder for you..

but theres one thing he cant do, and that is take you from Gods hands.

Prayer is so more effective than anything, it is our strength, God may not answer your prayers, either right away or at all sometimes, because its God who knows best NOT us.

Take the perfect example of Jesus, when he was tempted by satan, and we know satan only comes when we are at our low points, jesus had been fasting for 40 days!!! think how weak physically he was, this is when satan thought he KNEW that this would be the perfect opportunity to tempt jesus! because he KNEW how weak he was from fasting for so long.

this is the point, satan comes at our LOW points in life. and he will make sure he gets there to tempt us.

but do exactly what jesus did and quote scripture at him! he can't stand up to the word of God. He has no power over it.

When me and my ex split a few months ago i was in complete despair! and satan KNEW this was a perfect opportunity to tempt me away from God, ( cause remember he can't forcefully take us) he showed me how alone i felt, how alone i was without her. But i didnt let him even finish what he had planned because i filled my time with Godly things, i went to church more and more, and as soon as he was at my heals telling me im a loser, no good, and nobody will ever want me, i would shout scripture at the top of my lungs! because i know how much power there is in the WORD OF GOD!

and now after only 3 months, im happier than ever! Very Happy because i fought the darkness of satan and my own weakness with the word of god.

One thing ive been learning about at this thing called Focus i go to on thursdays was about the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and what i learnt which i never knew before was that you can pray for the gift of "Faith" which is awesome!

so pray for the gift of faith in your heart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.holynightclothing.com
The Last Firstborn

avatar

Number of posts : 2576
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6720

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:56 am

Your post was very encouraging to me, Jim! Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Autumn_Spring

avatar

Number of posts : 22
Age : 32
Location : England, UK
Registration date : 2009-10-06
Points : 3297

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:52 am

Awesome tattoo Jim. And also brilliant to read what you said about fighting spiritual battles. It's so true that the enemy will do anything to keep us away from God, away from Truth. But if we already belong to Jesus, as you said -and as Jesus said 'no one can pluck you from my Hand'.
Back to top Go down
Kamerad Ash

avatar

Number of posts : 2273
Age : 39
Location : Hell
Registration date : 2008-12-12
Points : 6350

PostSubject: Re: I wish   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Averzaath wrote:
Sometimes I wish I never came in contact with christianity.
Feels like I'm losing my mind.

I know what you mean. Christianity is a hard road.. and God is good, but he is not necessarily nice or easy.

But that is the nature of Christianity.. it is not for everyone.. Not everyone can pick up their cross everyday and follow him.. not everyone can bear the burden of persecution of just everyday suffering which often comes along with it.

Christianity is definitely not an easy thing.. And if it easy for you, than you just haven't known Christianity in it's most visceral sense yet.

I know I get mad at God quite often.. although I never deny that he is God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I wish   

Back to top Go down
 

I wish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com