-----------------------------------------------------
 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What God!???!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manchildofgod



Number of posts : 83
Age : 42
Location : Ellicot city,Md.
Registration date : 2009-07-30
Points : 3447

PostSubject: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am

Puke Where is God at??? I no longer can find any evidence of him anywhere!I consider myself agnostic.I believe that maybe some kind of thing is up there,But I have no more faith! Iv'e been put on this piece of crap planet with this depression, anxiety and fear,and "GOD" is just expecting me to make this life work??? An impossibilty! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or say,"God can fix it"Because he Can't and won't! I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.I am disscusted and sick to death of this everyday putred,Absurdity known as "My Life"! When will the whole world realize that there just aint no Jesus and know that it is a wonderful fairy-Tail written in scrolls by good willed men and nothing more. I appreciate someone wanting a logical explanation for all of this and wanting to faithfully believe in an entity greater then they,But There's no logic in this at all! I'm sorry,But THAT is reality,My friends!
Back to top Go down
http://eyedee4mee@yahoo.com
MetalMatt

avatar

Number of posts : 5020
Age : 24
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Points : 8699

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:38 am

Manchildofgod wrote:
Puke Where is God at???
right there beside you
Quote :
I no longer can find any evidence of him anywhere!
look out your window
Quote :
I consider myself agnostic.I believe that maybe some kind of thing is up there,But I have no more faith! Iv'e been put on this piece of crap planet with this depression, anxiety and fear,and "GOD" is just expecting me to make this life work???
Wow..ok so this world is a piece of crap compared to what? How do you know this world is bad.
Quote :
An impossibilty! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or say,"God can fix it"Because he Can't and won't!
If you don't jhave faith that he can..thern he won't.
Quote :
I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.
Your parents must punish you because tehy love you right? Well god is our father.
Quote :
I am disscusted and sick to death of this everyday putred,Absurdity known as "My Life"! When will the whole world realize that there just aint no Jesus and know that it is a wonderful fairy-Tail written in scrolls by good willed men and nothing more.
Most non-christian historians will tell me Jesus existed.
Quote :
I appreciate someone wanting a logical explanation for all of this and wanting to faithfully believe in an entity greater then they,But There's no logic in this at all! I'm sorry,But THAT is reality,My friends!
then what is a more logical beleief?

_________________
Tune in to Warzone Broadcast, every Saturday,6-8 pm EST @ blabberjesusradio.com

This is my signature

[/quote][17:37:50] Walter Kovacs : if everything in the universe was fudge, evenutally we would be eating our poop[quote]
Back to top Go down
Manchildofgod



Number of posts : 83
Age : 42
Location : Ellicot city,Md.
Registration date : 2009-07-30
Points : 3447

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:56 am

Okay, METLButt,I'm looking out the window.............................................................still- looking!...............................................Still looking.........................Nothing,Just as I said!!! If he is right beside me,Then I just punched him in the stomach!I have had faith and.....Nothing!This world is a piece of crap compared to how it could be if people actually tried to act like the human beings they can be!Jesus was real,But the son of God stuff aint!There is no logical explanation to find since no-one will ever know how or why we came to exist,OH-Well!!!
Back to top Go down
http://eyedee4mee@yahoo.com
Matt



Number of posts : 7214
Age : 29
Location : -
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 6695

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 am

Do you solely "try to believe in God" in order for Him to heal you from these things?
Because then I wouldn't count on it.

And I'm sure your depression, anxiety and fear have their roots somewhere, maybe you should find some counseling or pray to God to show where it comes from, so that you can actually find out where those problems are situated.
Is there a history of these things in your family, then look at how or when it entered your family.
It didn't just start to exist, there are reasons for how the way you are, and it's up to you or others to cut those bonds for you. You need to be set free.

This world is a piece of crap because the majority of the people doesn't even show love to the people next to him/her, if everyone would just spread the love or show respect to the others in this world, there would be no problem, this has NOTHING to do with God.
Just with the fact people are indeed egoistic bastards. Do you think that with the attitude of you calling Metlhed ''MetlButt'' the world will change to a better place?
Back to top Go down
Kan-o-sushi

avatar

Number of posts : 1348
Age : 26
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Points : 4821

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm


_________________
a brief reprieve
truly a beautiful utterance
but only a reprieve...

Eclipsing Black
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/eclipsingblack
Riverrat

avatar

Number of posts : 297
Age : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-15
Points : 3852

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Manchildofgod, Life is about 90% of what you make it and 10% of how you take it. It appears your focus is on self. Things are not going my way and my life sucks and where is God in all this crap. God is there whether you believe it or not. Sometimes we can't see God because we stand in the way. It is too easy to focus on the bad things or circumstances in life that we find ourselves in. Remember Peter how he began to doubt Jesus when Jesus called out to him to walk on the water. Peter looked around him and seen the waves and doubt and fear began to overcome him. If Peter had kept his focus on Jesus then he would not have begun to sink. I want to encourage you to place your focus on Jesus, and not on the things around you. Christianity is not about what I can get from God, but what can I do for the one who died for me. Praying for you my friend.
Back to top Go down
eternalmystery

avatar

Number of posts : 730
Age : 30
Location : Franklinton, Louisiana, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Points : 4153

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Manchildofgod wrote:
Puke Where is God at??? I no longer can find any evidence of him anywhere!I consider myself agnostic.I believe that maybe some kind of thing is up there,But I have no more faith! Iv'e been put on this piece of crap planet with this depression, anxiety and fear,and "GOD" is just expecting me to make this life work??? An impossibilty! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or say,"God can fix it"Because he Can't and won't! I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.I am disscusted and sick to death of this everyday putred,Absurdity known as "My Life"! When will the whole world realize that there just aint no Jesus and know that it is a wonderful fairy-Tail written in scrolls by good willed men and nothing more. I appreciate someone wanting a logical explanation for all of this and wanting to faithfully believe in an entity greater then they,But There's no logic in this at all! I'm sorry,But THAT is reality,My friends!

Take a good look at your post because it exposes your heart.

First off, you state that you can't find any evidence for God. This is not even a logical position to hold because it assumes that you have seen all the possible evidence for the existence of God. Since you cannot claim that you have seen all the evidence or even a good part of it, you therefore cannot make the claim that there is no evidence, or that you have seen all the possible evidence, or that you just haven't seen any evidence for God's existence.

Also evident from your post is that you had at least believed at one point that Christianity is about God doing things for us and catering to us. This also exposes your heart. Being a Christian is about submitting your life to Christ, but when you said that you no longer have faith because God hasn't "fixed your life", what that exposes from deep in your heart is that you are in the same state that every other unregenerate human is. You are bent on self-government and refuse to bend your knee to anything higher than yourself, because when you admitted that you don't have faith in God because He hasn't fixed your problems, what you are really saying, even though you might not realize it, is that God hasn't bent His knee to your will and catered to you. Because in reality you are bent on self-government and autonomy, you cannot love God, and are unable to because you are a slave to yourself.

And your claim that Scripture is just fairytales written by mere men is beyond ridiculous. The apostles that wrote the NT died willingly for their claims. Tell me, would you claim to be God and then willingly die for it, when in reality you were not? Would you claim to have seen a pink elephant and then die for that claim if in fact you were lying?

This so called "logic" you are peddling is not logical. You might want to pick up a few history books, some good books explaining what Christianity truly is, and also a few books on logic so you can study (you might want to study the logical fallacy of begging the question also, which is what you post was).
Back to top Go down
http://www.eternalmystery.co.nr
hallowedbethyname

avatar

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-02
Points : 3658

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:52 am

ManchildofGod - You have a great name there !
-
So, what was it, that brought you from "A child of God", to agnostic - not knowing what to believe anymore?

Depression, anxiety, or fear, or a combo of all three ?

or, was it truely Doubt, Discouragement, Deception, or Defeat ?
-
Depression and anxiety I am no expert on , but FEAR, I understand quite well.
Perhaps, it is something else. Perhaps you have forgotten, who you are !

You are an original masterpiece, custom designed by God, for his purpose.

But it seems something, or someone has clouded your mind along the way.
Allow me to elaborate.

The devil has a tool belt full of tactic’s to use against you and I. Please grasp this: The devil has been around for, well a long time, and he is a very powerful adversary. Our short life span put up against the devil’s amassed knowledge makes us ill equipped against his tactics alone, and understand this is when we need to be stong in our faith in God.


Doubt. If Satan can get us to doubt God, he knows that our doubt will drive us away from God. God desires us to trust and believe in His promises and the one trait that pleases God is Faith... faith in His promises and of who He is.



(Heb 11:6) and without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.



If the devil can get us to doubt God, then our life and our life hereafter is in peril. He wants nothing more than to frustrate God's plan of redemption of Mankind and to destroy His creation, you and I. ... As the scripture says, God is true to His word and promises, but Satan wants us to doubt and not have faith in God and His plan for our lives.



(Heb 6:17) Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath.

(Heb 6:18) This was so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before us



Discouragement is the playground the devil loves to frolic in, and he tempts you to look at your problems, rather than God. We are most vulnerable when we are in a state of discouragement. This is the time when we question everything and this is the door that ushers in the devils plans where he revels in his attacks and accusations against God. How many of us have asked ourselves this question:

"Why did God allow this to happen?"

Discouragement has an uglier more deceitful side called, despair, and despair is the catalyst to losing hope. It is in these deep emotions that Satan can influence feelings and actions that can cause us to react in ways that sometimes have no remedy. This is something that Satan doesn't want for us to do, to Trust God.

God promises us that if we trust in Jesus, he will help us go through all things and even when we are at our lowest, he will give us a peace that we ourselves cannot understand, but will help us through our tough times.



(2Co 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves;
(2Co 4: we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;
(2Co 4:9) pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed; with him.




God also promises that He will work the bad things in our life against Satan's plans and even our down times will benefit us since God will make all things work in our favor, good and bad.



(Rom 8:28) And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.
(Rom 8:29) For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren:
(Rom 8:30) and whom he foreordained, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.




Deception: Satan likes to divert our thinking away from things that are important to God. He is always trying to make us think that what God wants for us is not as rewarding or enjoyable as things that displease God. The Lord wants man to perform honest work for honest wages while Satan offers deception as a way of getting what you want. God wants to instill patience in us while Satan wants to install impatience in us by wanting everything now. Patience is an asset that is earned over time, while Satan teaches "another way" contrary to God's will..



(Luke 21:19) In your patience ye shall win your souls.

(Rom 8:25) But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

(Rom 15:4) For whatever things were written, were written for our learning, that through patience and through comfort of the scriptures we might have hope.

(1Ti 6:11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

(Heb 6:12) that ye be not sluggish, but imitators of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

(Jas 1:3) Knowing that the proving of your faith creates patience.
(Jas 1:4) And let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing.



Defeat. Through defeat, Satan limits and robs us of a future inheritance. Defeat has a nastier side, called disappointment. We've all been disappointed at some time in our lives. If Satan plays his cards right, he can overcome our future successes when he uses defeat to frustrate and stop our moves forward towards a goal we've set. All Satan wants is that we give up if we are met with defeat and Satan wants to place us in a state of despondency.

Through defeat, Satan can again bring question and doubt towards God. As I mentioned above, Discouragement, Satan has a powerful tool when used with defeat.



(2Co 4: we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair;
(2Co 4:9) pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed;
(2Co 4:10) always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.
(2Co 4:11) For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.



It was here that Paul reminded us, though we may think we are at the end of our rope, we are never at the end of our hope. We are subject to sin and suffering, but Gods will never abandons us. As believers, Christ won victory over death, and gave us the gift of eternal life, even though we were not worthy of it. All our risks, humiliations, and trials are opportunities for Christ to demonstrate his power and presence in and through us. My friend, when opposition, slander, or disappointment threaten to rob you of the victory, remember that no one, including the devil, can destroy what God has accomplished through you, and his will for the purpose of your life! Take heart, if you fail at something do not accept the lie of defeat in your life.

My friend, here is a promise, a lesson from God that will never fail. You can find it easily once your ready to seek God out. It is found in the book of Deuteronomy, chapter 31, verse 8 - "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


The next time you want to take a swing at God, look over your other shoulder, you might find the reason why you want to take a swing in the first place.

ManchildofGod, know that I am praying for you! I pray that you remember who you are, that you will once again go to the Bible, to God's words, and that he will lead you to a greater understanding of his will for your life.

In his service,
Blaine
Back to top Go down
FuneralOath

avatar

Number of posts : 316
Age : 38
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-11-10
Points : 3987

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

Manchildofgod wrote:
Puke Where is God at??? I no longer can find any evidence of him anywhere!I consider myself agnostic.I believe that maybe some kind of thing is up there,But I have no more faith! Iv'e been put on this piece of crap planet with this depression, anxiety and fear,and "GOD" is just expecting me to make this life work??? An impossibilty! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or say,"God can fix it"Because he Can't and won't! I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.I am disscusted and sick to death of this everyday putred,Absurdity known as "My Life"! When will the whole world realize that there just aint no Jesus and know that it is a wonderful fairy-Tail written in scrolls by good willed men and nothing more. I appreciate someone wanting a logical explanation for all of this and wanting to faithfully believe in an entity greater then they,But There's no logic in this at all! I'm sorry,But THAT is reality,My friends!

I suffer from bipolar disorder including depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, social anxiety, a hereditary neuro-muscular syndrome, injustices that have been done to me, the ridicule of others, loneliness, some physical pain, and have lived in a third world country for 18 years. I am, after more than 11 years, still a minister of the word of God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/panamaphil
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Manchildofgod wrote:
Where is God at???
I have no idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
progton

avatar

Number of posts : 189
Age : 29
Location : The Netherlands, Kampen
Registration date : 2008-11-10
Points : 3658

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 am

God is in my heart, let Him fill your hearth. When you are praying honestly He will answer.

This world is a piece of crap because the majority of the people doesn't even show love to the people next to him/her, if everyone would just spread the love or show respect to the others in this world, there would be no problem, this has NOTHING to do with God.
Just with the fact people are indeed egoistic bastards. Do you think that with the attitude of you calling Metlhed ''MetlButt'' the world will change to a better place?


this are some nice words,

In my view :when you read about Jesus you will find out how we have to live, in peace and harmony. He is the master of peace. I dont know why many people are turning their back on Him. They are rejecting His offer. Im really honored to know Him, because without Him i would never had the change to receive real love and spread some real love. I hope metalbutt you will receive it too. Because spreading hate or something like that is not a blessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianmetal.hyves.net
The Last Firstborn

avatar

Number of posts : 2576
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6720

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 am

MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Quote :
I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.
Your parents must punish you because tehy love you right? Well god is our father.

That is a horrible argument.
Back to top Go down
metalgrinch

avatar

Number of posts : 484
Age : 36
Location : Long Island, New York
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Points : 3925

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:12 am

I read the intense anger and frustration of your post, and I can tell you right now, God does not intend for people to feel this way. Is this the attitude and anger you want to hold for the rest of your life?

It just sounds like aside from reading all the philosophy and theology (if you choose), you may just need to find some quiet time just between you and God, take a deep breath, drink a cold glass of water, let go of all detrimental emotions and just tell him what you're feeling. Even if you don't believe that anyone is there listening to you, just remember all the people throughout all of time since the beginning of creation that have been helped and saved and changed by God's Word alone, the joy and hope it's given to so many, and think of how illogical it is for you to think that all of your solely-comprised extreme opinions and analyzations and rationalizations in this very small and fleeting point in time in your 1 life to be the final answer of all things Godly. How can this 1 period of a few short years in your 1 life in your 1 location ever possibly overthrow God's work in the lives of so many others throughout all of time in locations all around the world in all kinds of circumstances??

Sometimes in order to have faith, we need to look and take joy in God's work in other places and in others rather than our own selves. This thread, whether you see it this way or not, is completely grounded in an attitude of "I'm not getting what I want!!" Which believe me, I completely understand... but it's not only Christ-following Christians who don't get what they want, plenty of secular people all around the world are disappointed in their lives for not being able to get what they want when they want. The problem with this is that it is completely self-focused - and attitude I keep relearning the hard way, can NEVER EVER make you happy. The difference between us and them is that at least we worship a God who gives us hope for the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=610958313
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4828

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 am

LastFirstborn wrote:
MetLHed4GZus wrote:
Quote :
I don't see how A loving God could let his children and planet go to hell like this.
Your parents must punish you because tehy love you right? Well god is our father.

That is a horrible argument.

We have done wrong. In order for God to be just, He must do right. To do right would be to send us to hell for eternity for our sin. Why are we sent to Hell?

Hell is of infinite duration. The crimes we have committed are against an infinity worthy God. It's the only punishment sufficient for what we have done.

You can seek all you want, but if your intentions are for self, you can rest assured you'll never find Him. God is out there. He's the Creator of the Heavens and of the Earth.

As for why He would allow our lives to be wrecked, let me fill you in on a couple experiences Manchild, one from myself, one from a friend.

Both of our lives got torn apart. I did it out of choice, my friend didn't have a choice. God flattened both of us and tore from us every little pleasure that we held to. Take a look at my testimony below, and see what God sent me through:

Quote :
To begin, I was born into a Christian family on November 14, 1989. Shortly I was borned, I was baptized into the Christian faith by my parents. For the next 7-8 years that's how I lived. As I started hitting the age of ten or so, I found Church to be boring, I found God to be boring, and I renounced myself from the Christian faith. I figured at that time that it was a waste of time and that it would be better spent on a computer, which was my passion at the time.

Around that same time, I discovered pornography and quickly became addicted to it. I am still addicted to it to this day, and it has been a tough road to cleanse myself of this filth that I obtained when I was younger.

I went to public school throughout my life, and I was often harassed by my peers because I was different from everyone else. It really got me down, and it destroyed a large portion of my self-esteem that I had. I took karate up until my eighth grade year, which did help me out tremendously, although it was never enough to resolve the issues I went through at school.

In eighth grade, my parents and I moved for the first time in five years, and I moved from McConnell Middle School to Russell Middle School in Winder, Georgia. There, the harassment reached its peak. I got sick of it one day, turned some of the people in to my math teacher, and they were then punished. Six months later, a shooting scare occured at the same middle school that I attended, just two days before school was to be let out for the summer. Fortunately, nothing occured and my parents and I moved out to Phoenix, Arizona.

In Phoenix, I found out that the reason the kids plotted the shooting, was that they were wanting to get revenge on me for turning me in to the teachers, and my name was at the top of the list. I hit a huge depression spell, I was miserable for days, I could never come to grips with myself that doing the right thing almost got me killed. It made me doubt justice, it made me doubt God even more. And I got fed with life in general and tried to take my life for the first time, a mere 48 hours after I heard the news. It was the first in a series of seven attempts to span the next three years.

High school started, and I dominated the academic field. At years end I had a 3.8 GPA, signed up to 3 honors classes the following year, and was looking at AP classes shortly afterwards. During that year, I met someone, whose name I will withhold, who quickly became my best friend. I was hard pressed to find good friends so I was tickled to death to know him.

During the summer, a variety of things occured. I hit another depression spell, that I could not see an end out of. I tried taking my life again, which failed. And I begin to beg to a God, who I didn't believe existed at the time, for His help. He didn't help me. As a result, I converted to Satanism seeking for a way out of the depression. I began to rebel against my parents, I didn't care about school anymore, and I thought about doing drugs during that time frame. Fortuantely, my desires to get my way with my parents got the better of me, and that never occured.

Over the next year and a half I remained a satanist, though things would begin to break down. God made Himself known to me, and pulled me back into His comforting arms, which I so gladly jumped on. But that didnt mean an end to my problems. I still suffered from depression, and in late November of 2006 I became suicidal, and I finally went to my teachers for help, who went to my parents, who went to a professional counselor to get me help. Sadly it didn't do me much good. On Demeber 22, 2007, I made my 7th and final suicide attempt, the police were called on me, and I was placed in a hospital for the duration of my Winter Break, including Christimas itself. When I got out, I was better than ever, for a month or so. In Feburary of 2007, I began cutting myself, and was thus placed into the hospital again due to the recommendation of my psychatrist. Ironically I went in exactly two months after I went in for the first time. There, my faith was finally solidified, and while I still go through days of depression, things have never looked so good Smile.

That's my testimony. I could EASILY go another 2-3 thousand words just within that time frame, because there are details that I did not mention.

My friend has suffered from abuse from her family, physical, emotional, and (possibly) sexual in nature. They recently were evicted from their home, all of their possessions were thrown out onto the front lawn, and the owners had no sympathy (they acted in such a matter I'm still surprised she didn't try to rip them to pieces). God shattered her life....to open up the gate to build a better one. Just like He did with me.

He does this for us. To make us better, more holy, more righteous. It's not a fact of hatred.

I'm short on time, and htere's a lot more I'd like to say, so I'll edit this post later on today.
Back to top Go down
mystery

avatar

Number of posts : 457
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3835

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:48 pm

the difference between parents and God is important. Parents didnt create the entire physical realm. they created organisms, but the parameters of the world were already set. when the physical plane was created, there were no parameters. nothing was done out of nessecity, because nessecity needs to be created first.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Every time I see someone "doubt" God, and give the "whys" - it reminds me of when I was there.

God wasn't there because *insert happening* wasn't happening to ME. Because I wanted *insert want* and damn it, God owes ME this! I needed *insert need* and I didn't get it.

ME ME ME I I I Selfishness, no, Self-Centeredness was my problem.

Manchildofgod, part of my problem wasn't that I thought too lowly of myself, (depression, anxiety), or thought to highly of myself (pride, ego), the problem was is that all I thought about was myself!

Pills and psychs never-could and never-will get me to think differently, and that's where the rest of the problem AND solution lies. Thinking. This entire problem for everyone never leaves the space between their ears.

I had more of an attitude problem than a faith problem. I was just pissed at God and his followers, so I disowned them the best I could.

Dude, you have so much to be grateful for. If you have $15 to your name, you're wealthier than 90% of the world. If you're posting on this forum, I'd bet my next paycheck that you've got some high class problems compared to many MANY other people in the world.
____________________

Still can't grasp that faith? Emphasis on the can't? I had someone tell me something that actually helped me, though its quite unconventional.

With every bit of honesty in your being, ask this imaginary and fictional "God" to kill you. Seriously.
Ask Him to make it painful, and ask Him this DAILY for two weeks, and be COMPLETELY sincere about it.

If He's not real, it won't happen, right?

Feel any doubt or reluctance to do this?
You should, and most people do.

That reluctance is actually the start of a faith in God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
Averzaath

avatar

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 30
Location : Woerden, The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Points : 4578

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Hguols wrote:
With every bit of honesty in your being, ask this imaginary and fictional "God" to kill you. Seriously.
Ask Him to make it painful, and ask Him this DAILY for two weeks, and be COMPLETELY sincere about it.

If He's not real, it won't happen, right?

Feel any doubt or reluctance to do this?
You should, and most people do.

That reluctance is actually the start of a faith in God.
that reluctance is just our survival drift and fear of death if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bob-haagma.com/
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4828

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Why does Paul command us to lay down our lives for Him?

Hgulos just explained why.

Everyone on this planet believes in God. But these people fall into three categories:

1) It's the God of scripture
2) It's the wrong god
3) They pretend God doesn't exist.


Last edited by againsttheantichrist on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark

avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 23
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-11-09
Points : 4426

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Bran, I think the capitalization on 1 and 2 needs switched. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mystery

avatar

Number of posts : 457
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3835

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

againsttheantichrist wrote:
Why does Paul command us to lay down our lives for Him?

Hgulos just explained why.

Everyone on this planet believes in God. But these people fall into three categories:

1) It's the god of scripture
2) It's the wrong God
3) They pretend God doesn't exist.

what in the world are you talking about...
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4828

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Mark wrote:
Bran, I think the capitalization on 1 and 2 needs switched. Laughing

Point taken. I didn't notice that.
Back to top Go down
Hguols

avatar

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 38
Location : Irving, Illinois
Registration date : 2009-09-09
Points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Averzaath wrote:
that reluctance is just our survival drift and fear of death if you ask me.

Why worry about survival in this situation? Why fear death in this scenario? Its an imaginary God right? So, if God's not real, it wouldn't happen anyway..... would it? Someone wouldn't really get what they pray for, would they?

My entire point was that most people, even being vigilant (perhaps spiteful) enough to prove their point God doesn't exist, still won't venture into that "IF".

It has NOTHING to do with a fear of death or pain. It has to do with a fear of being wrong.
^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hguols.com
mystery

avatar

Number of posts : 457
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-26
Points : 3835

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:59 pm

"that reluctance" is not wanting to waste a whole bunch of time and negative energy to something they dont believe in
Back to top Go down
againsttheantichrist



Number of posts : 1120
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere in Georgia
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Points : 4828

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:59 am

mystery, If they're wrong, they might as well step out of the judgment line and into the lake of fire. They have to take that into consideration. Not even an "Atheist" wants to endure that.
Back to top Go down
The Last Firstborn

avatar

Number of posts : 2576
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Points : 6720

PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:24 am

againsttheantichrist wrote:
mystery, If they're wrong, they might as well step out of the judgment line and into the lake of fire. They have to take that into consideration. Not even an "Atheist" wants to endure that.

That is kind of a one-sided argument. No one wants to endure that, but atheists do not take that into consideration, simply because they do not believe it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What God!???!   

Back to top Go down
 

What God!???!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: General Discussion :: Christian Discussion-
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com