BlabberBoard - Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview Vide
PostSubject: Re: Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview   Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:13 am

Interview with Metal Pulse Radio
September 20 - 2008

Dale of Metal Pulse has been an icon in the christian metal scene the last years, his collection is enourmous and his connections with bands priceless. I've been a good friend of him and was very motivated to get his name out a bit more.
If you want to check them out, visit Metal Pulse's myspace!

JesusMetal: Hello Dale ! How is Alaska treating you ? How has fishing been the last couple of months ?

Dale: Alaska has been good. I have lived here 21 years and still loving it...until winter hits....lol. Fishing has been pretty good this year. My dad makes a pilgrimage up here every year to go fishing and this year we took our wives and my two youngest daughters. We had a great time. Everyone caught their limit and together we brought home about five hundred pounds of halibut.

JesusMetal: You are the host of Metal Pulse Radio, how did it all start?

Dale: Wow! It's kind of a long story but I will give you the short version. At Cornerstone 2007 I met James from Open Grave Radio. I had a great time talking to him for the four days we were there. He knew I had a lot of Christian metal music. About three weeks after I got home he e-mailed me and asked me to host a Christian metal radio show. I told him I would get back to him in a few days so I would have a chance to pray about it. I felt God's blessing on it so I e-mailed back and told him I would do it on a couple of conditions, I would not play any secular music. I would not compromise the word of God and if God led me to say something that I would be free to express myself. James said he had no problem with any of it and so Metal Pulse Radio was born into a three hour program. God's blessing has been the show and as of February it has been elongated to a five hour program.

JesusMetal: As a dj, you must hear a lot of new music all the time, what bands have been on your radar the last weeks? Any favourite band you love to play at the moment ?

Dale: You are right, there is a lot of great new music coming out. Some of the new music I have been listening to is Deuteronomium's new album "From the Midst of the Battle", Draweth Nigh (a band out of California), New Wine, and SorrowsJoy. These are just off the top of my head. I listen to a lot of music everyday so there are many more bands and albums worth mentioning.

Jesusmetal: Metal Pulse is a Christian radio program, 5 hours of Christian Rock and Metal. How have the reactions of the secular scene been on this show ? And what about the christian ones?

Dale: I do have quite a few secular listeners. I have had a lot of e-mails and I have gotten the opportunity to witness to quite a few people. I also get some hate mail but it's par for the course and doesn't really bother me. As for my Christian listeners, they have given me great support. At this time I would like to thank my friends from Firestream for being my biggest supporters.

JesusMetal: How long have you been doing Metal Pulse ? Do you still enjoy doing it ? Or do you even enjoy it more than you used to ?

Dale: Metal Pulse Radio was birthed August 7, 2007. I still love hosting Metal Pulse Radio. I think I am having more fun now than I ever have. I really enjoy giving air time to great bands that are often overlooked. I am very blessed to have the privilege of hosting the show and being able to touch lives while doing the thing I love to do most..listening to great music.

(from L to R: Michael Bloodgood, Dale)

JesusMetal: Purely informative for those interested, when exactly is Metal Pulse on air?

Dale: Metal Pulse is on the air every Thursday 7:00pm eastern standard time (U.S.) at Open Grave Radio .

JesusMetal: Is Metal Pulse only about playing music or would you also like to do more with it ? Interviews maybe ?

Dale: There are some new additions on the horizon. I will be adding some interviews. I am planning one with Faith Factor and Testify in the near future. I have had the privilege of interviewing Richard Lynch from Saint and Sebat from Frost Like Ashes on the show. It was a great success and became fuel for future interviews. Down the road, God willing, I would like to see Metal Pulse Radio become syndicated as well.

JesusMetal: How long does it take to prepare a show? Does it take a lot of preparation ? Or do you actually think of most things to say when the show is on the air ?

Dale: I like to mix it up.It takes a couple of days to prepare my play list. I also take the time to prepare links to the websites of the bands that I will be playing. Seventy percent of what I say on the air is ad lib, raw and on the edge. My goal is to attempt to put everyone at ease so they can enjoy the music.

JesusMetal: What was one of the most fun things you have done with Metal Pulse ?

Dale: I have had a blast bringing Metal Pulse Radio to Cornerstone. I got to showcase a six hour slot at the Sanctuary Tent bringing indie and less known bands and giving them an opportunity to showcase their music. It was such a great success last year that Metal Pulse Radio will once again be at Cornerstone in 2009

JesusMetal: Thanks for your time bro! I'll be sure to check in at Metal Pulse, but do you have any final comments?

Dale: I would like to thank you, Matt, for giving me an opportunity to share Metal Pulse Radio with your readers. Oh, by the way, I am still looking for a copy of Paramaecium's "Repentance".
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
sword of the heretic

sword of the heretic

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview Vide
PostSubject: Re: Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview   Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 pm

I finally got to read it. Very Happy

Matt, did you ever fix the link on the JM site? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sword_of_the_heretic

Jesusmetal : Metal Pulse Radio Interview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlabberBoard - Archives :: Affiliates :: Metal Pulse Radio-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com